Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June already?

Not sure how summer snuck up on us, just glad it finally arrived.  The days seem to fly by around here, and I am looking forward to slowing down somewhat over the summer months to enjoy....just enjoy everything.  Some time soaking up this view will be in the cards:

 

We bought a cottage :)  So, SOOO excited!!  As you may recall, we had a family cottage that was destroyed in floods here a couple summers ago.  With it, there has been a mountain of  paperwork and bureaucracy to work through.  We were finally at the point where we could start to rebuild.  BUT, then more forecasts of floods were made (which, thankfully, did not occur), and an ice storm caused more damage for some properties.  And we decided, enough was enough.  Time to make a move to a new, more sheltered area.  While we will miss our friends at beach, we are looking forward to this new chapter.  Life is good :)

And a new cottage means new bed quilts to make!  That should keep me busy for awhile.

While I haven't been blogging much, I have snuck in some crafting here and there.  If you follow me on Instagram (I am there under Kristieocd), you have seen some of these.  But here is a few more of the things that I have made for my new muse, my sweet peanut of a niece! So, in addition to the quilt and sweater she has scored, here are a few other items I have made for her of late.

A wee knit hat for her noggin, using my baby eyelet hat pattern and adding a crochet flower.

 

A voile dress.  No pattern, just went with it, much like the one I made for LBNL's birthday.  Used some crochet trim for the hem and the shoulder straps, and a button closure on the back.  Will be nice and light, and hopefully fit, in the warmer months ahead!


Some onsies, made with t-shirt transfers.


My sister is a bit OBSESSED with New Kids on the Block, U2, and Teemu Selanne of the Anaheim Ducks (and formerly a Winnipeg Jet).  She has a keenly developed sixth sense entirely related to finding and meeting celebrities, and as such has had several run ins with Teemu, Donnie Wahlberg, and even can be seen chatting up Bono in the latest U2 documentary about the band, which was partially filmed in Winnipeg.  It is quite comical how she pulls this stuff off.  So of course I had to take the opportunity to dress her offspring in NKOTB and U2 gear. This one reading "New Kid on the Block" and another that says "Achtung Baby" after the U2 album.  Of course, the first gift my niece received was her very own baby Jets jersey!

Have a great day, back again soon :)
Kristie

9 comments:

Ali said...

What a fabulous view -just need a long cool drink and some hand sewing! Love the baby hat - so cute.

Shay said...

Fantastic makes there Kristie.

Such exciting news about your new cottage. I can see you sipping cocktails on that jetty my friend.

I think your family and mine would get along just fine ...thats the kind of gift we'd be giving too!

Katy Cameron said...

I could be happy with that view *sigh*

Loving the new baby gear :oD

Angela said...

seriously...when are we coming?

Future Quilter said...

Hi Kristie! Glad to see you back! Congratulations on the new cabin!!! Where is it? Soooooo happy its finally getting warmer :)
Colleen

Kelsey said...

Kristie you bought a cottage!!! Huge congrats and talk about a spectacular view, wow! Now you won't have the stress of rebuilding and the inevitable continuous floods hopefully :) Also, kinda more than completely loved the story about your sister and her celebrity crushes haha Love New Kids <3

katie@stvital said...

Congratulations! Next time we talk you will have to tell me about your cottage.

Michele said...

Congrats on the new cottage. I'm looking forward to some down time this summer too.

Little Blue Mouse said...

What a gorgeous view, look how calm that water is!