Monday, August 2, 2010

The Twin Quilt Saga, continued

Are you sick of hearing about these yet? Have I mentioned I have OCD?

Well, it was bugging me that the 2 quilt tops were not exactly to my liking. So to spare you the details, I decided to make one more. And here she is:

As you may recall, my original plan was to do a Chain Reaction style one, but the shapes of the cars would not work in the square shape to the measurements I needed. But my brain was kind of stubbornly stuck on this concept. So I decided to modify it to make it more rectangular, and run vertically instead of horizontally.
In the end, I think I am satisfied, and I think these two will hang nicely together on the wall.
But just in case it is actually TRIPLETS, I am ready, right? :-)I promise, this is that last you will hear of these until the babes are born and the quilts are bound and finished!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Don't stress mate, You can't get too much of a good thing! They look great! Love the last one you did, glad you made the effort!

Anonymous said...

I love the third quilt - so beautiful for a little boy :)

Andy said...

so cute - I love Riley Blake fabric. The chain reaction quilt is great at framing up those fussy cut cars!