Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ramblings of a crazy girl with cold toes.

Hello, friends!  Just grabbed myself a cup of tea and thought I would sit down for a chat and a catch-up.  How are you?  Here's what is going on over at our house.

Sunday marked the height of creativity by the girls of the OCD household. So many creations, it was a frenzy over here!

First, The Middle Child showed me the bed she made for her doll:



Yes, that is a Corona box.  Lucky we have a few of those on hand!  Next, Last But Not Last decided Kitty, too, needed a bed. Of course matching paper pillows and quilts were required.


Next, it was almost time for lunch, so why not play with our food and give the mangos a makeover?


The girls then discovers my scrap bin and found some pieces of minky and got to work hand stitching pillows for their favorite toys.


Next, a sweet note for mom using some more minky, cut into a heart shape.....


.....and another, left for me to discover next to a current knitting project.


I love my sweet girls!


As for me, I was busy too.....



They are more than meets the eye, but you will have to wait a bit for a full reveal and the story behind those!  In the meantime, if you are hankering to try a framed purse (which you SHOULD!! So fun!), don't forget I have an old step by step tutorial on how to do so over at Moda Bakeshop to see you through.

Also continuing to happily clickity clack along on Downton Abbey and my Downton Sweater.


My birthday came and went on the weekend, which I have been using as an excuse for several weeks now to do a lot of this:


You see, you NEED lots of pretty fabric and wool when the weather looks like this:



Lastly, I have a funny story to tell you (and that should get us girlfriends all caught up!).  On Friday, I was at the annual Manitoba Dental Association conference, and, well, truth be told, hiding in the back row of the lecture theatre, knitting on the sly (I was listening, too, I swear!).  Suddenly, my ball of yarn decided to jump out of my purse and rollllllll about three rows down before coming to a stop against the leg of a table!

(can you see it over there on the right??)

Luckily, it went unnoticed (I think), as I tried in vain to get it back, worrying if I pulled to hard on the string it would only come loose and continue to roll down until it landed at the lecturer's feet. I made it to the end of the lecture (the guy talked for THREE STRAIGHT HOURS, for pity's sake) and let most people leave before I went about the embarrassing business if crawling under tables to relieve it.  Yes, my life resembles a sitcom.

Hope you have a great week! I am wearing my herringbone cowl today to keep nice and toasty warm :)


16 comments:

Marla said...

Haha love the yarn story. Serves your right for knitting while he talked for 3 hours. I get so stir crazy at meetings like that, can't really blame you for knitting.

Katie B said...

Aw, good to catch up! I read this while eating my lunch, so it's like we had lunch together! :)

Love the creative kids. Luke doesn't seem to be too creative/artistic right now, but yesterday he composed an original tune yesterday called "Double Katanas." I should probably start looking for a therapist.

Angela said...

I love the sweet note next to your knitting!! Life is very full in your house!!

Berlinquilter said...

And again a LOL - moment reading your post. Thank you so much!!!

Samantha said...

A 3 hour lecture?! Urgh! My bum falls asleep after half hour, well done on lasting that whole time!

Lynne said...

Happy birthday!

Funny story about the yarn.

Crafting with kids is fun - I enjoy crafting with mine and she's nearly twenty-seven!

Sasha said...

Your girls are so sweet!! I love the little notes they leave you and their creations. I LOL'd at your yarn story. A three hour lecture?!? ack!

alidiza said...

Happy Birthday to you to!!! Are we birthday twins? How awesome to get 3 hours of uninterrupted knitting time;-) Stay warm!!!

Sew Nomadic said...

Stealth knitting...sounds like something I'd do. Glad to hear there's another rebel out there! Seriously funny story thanks for sharing, with pictures too. Happy Birthday!!!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

The runaway ball is so funny!
Love that your kids like to be crafty too.

Where do you get your bobble frames, they look great xxx

Jacey said...

Lots of fun in this post! I have been enjoying your IG stream of cuteness from the kiddos! I love the minky heart and the note by your knitting!

duckyhouse said...

Loved that heart picture from your daughter on instagram <3
What season are you on in Downton Abbey? I am rew-watching the second season right now so I can get to season 3.
It's just gotta be said, the weather sucks right now in the 'Peg.
Oh my funny knitting story!! how on earth did the lecturer think that anyone would actually be retaining what he was saying after 45 minutes left alone 3 hours. I. would. die.

Tawny said...

Haha! I would have loved to see you crawl under those chairs and around everyone's feet to recover your yarn ball. After sitting for a 3 hour lecture, you should get extra huge patience points with cherries on top. It must be the mom in you who could sit for that long and not go crazy and start a riot to distract everyone from your runaway yarn hehehe

Holly said...

Thank you for the awesome mental image of you crawling around to retrieve your yarn! Also, your kids are awesome (but I think you already knew that!).

Rachel said...

Happy birthday! (My bday was on Monday). We've also had some ugly cold weather here in Edmonton. I keep seeing pictures of Vancouver and places in the US with GREEN grass and FLOWERS. How is that possible??? Ah, well, only 6 more weeks until Spring...maybe...

Love the creativity of your kids. Their little projects and notes made me smile.

Frankie and Fang said...

Wow just wow is that seriously what the temperature gets like at your place? I had to read it twice to make sure I was reading c and not f. The lowest I have been in is around 0c and that was at the snow on the coldest day. My average winter day is around 16c. And here was was thinking i'm a hero for braving 0c lol