Friday, June 27, 2014

teacher gifts

It's the last day of school today, so along with the sheep happens bag and yarn I gifted to one of my kids' teachers, I made a couple summer totes with some Anna Maria Horner "stacked" fabric in home dec weight.  This book-inspired fabric is the perfect choice for a teacher, wouldn't you say?



I accented the handles and lined them with a couple other of her coordinating prints.  Then filled them with summer goodies- a water infuser, some chips and Smarties (for helping make my kids so smart!) and a gift card for them to choose some summer reading.



I made the totes without a pattern, just sewed some rectangles together, made a gusset bottom, lined and added a slip pocket.  Sometimes simple is best!

Blogging will be sporadic for July and August as I will have 3 energetic little people wanting my attention on my days off!  Plus heading out to the lake for some family R&R :)  But,  I do hope to sneak in some regular sewing while I am there.  I have a stack of quilt tops meant for the cottage bunk beds that need quilting and binding!  Plus a couple secret swap projects that I plan to finish up.  So, hopefully some good things to show you once routine is restored. 

Wishing you all a fabulous summer (or winter, in the other hemisphere!).

xoxo Kristie

3 comments:

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

These bags are super lovely! If I didn't already have too many tote bags, I'd be inspired to whip up one for myself. I'm certain your daughters' teachers will love these beautiful and thoughtful gifts!

Shay said...

Makes me wish I was one of your kids teachers. A new bag, chocolate, chips and a book voucher. I’m guessing everyone wants to teach your kids!

Enjoy your R and R – its freezing down under at the moment since Winter has finally decided to make an appearance. Please post pictures of your Summer adventures so I can live vicariously through you weather wise!

Katy Cameron said...

Great choice of pressies!