Thursday, July 2, 2015

the latest knits

I've been doing more sewing than knitting lately, but managed to eek out a few since April ;)  The first is my most favourite and memorable sweater ever- 90% of it knit with two broken arms!  It became part of my physiotherapy, the first stitches slow and painful, improving until I was flying along.  So proud of this one.

The pattern is called Square and Stripe by Veera Valimaki, and can be found on Ravelry. My project details are here. I loved the seam detail on the front, back and sides, and added one pink cuff for fun- I think it is my favorite part.  I used Plucky Sweater yarn for the first time and it is wonderful. 

Next up is another striped sweater!  This was made for the little boy of a good friend.  The pattern is free on Ravelry- the Little Coffee Bean Cartigan.  A sweet knit.  I used some vintage wood buttons I had been hoarding, with orange thread for a pop of color.


My latest finish is this flashy and funky Ring My Bell Cape kit from Wool and the Gang. Just a fun old fuchsia pink something-something to throw on over a t-shirt and jeans on a chilly day. It knit up fast with the chunky alpaca.  Excuse the late night bathroom photo on my phone, I never got around to taking a "real" shot of this one!


 
There seems to be a baby boom going on so I have a bunch of baby sweaters that need knitting!  What are your favorite baby go-to patterns?
 
 

1 comment:

Shay said...

Lovely knits Kristie. I'm not much of knitter myself (although I can knit - Im just really uncoordinated about it) but I have been thinking about knitting myself up a pair of slippers.(it could make a hilarious blog post )