Wednesday, October 5, 2011

How to spot me at Sewing Summit

Can't WAIT to get my arse on that plane and join several hundred of my bloggy friends in Utah this weekend! But, however will we recognize each other? I don't exactly look like my cartoon icon. I thought I would post some pictures of myself so that you can recognize me.

Since I rarely take a photo of myself (apparently), all I have that is reasonably recent are these shots by my 4 year old....nasty flash, head cut off, good stuff! And, yes, I am blogging (my kids know where to find me when I go AWOL)!


Yikes! I can only go up from there, people!

Imagine me like this.....big smile on my face as I arrive to register, attend classes and such. Probably wearing some impractical shoes that I adore, a cute clutch in hand or maybe my messenger bag slung over my body. Makeup on, hair presentable, clothes without kid snot on them.

And, at around 9 pm: sweat pants of some variety, pony tail, reclined with knitting in hand, a half-drunk bottle of wine in a brown bag by my side (and probably some chocolate, too). Talking far too much, and laughing way too loud!

So, if you are at Sewing Summit and spot either of the above creatures, be sure to run over and say hi. Better yet, give me a big squishy hug or a sloppy kiss, both of which I will return with enthusiasm- we are already old friends, right?

16 comments:

bethanndodd said...

Well, aren't you adorable! I am sadly not going to make it this time around...hoping Amy will host again next year! Have fun and drink one for me! Smiles~Beth

Little Island Quilting said...

Oh what a pretty picture you print of yourself!

Jacey said...

Thanks, Kristie! You are hilarious. I like you already. :) I'm so excited!

Shay said...

Have fun Kristie. I think you look very cute and real in your pics.

Bet you still have snot somewhere on your clothes. That stuff is like poster paint. Impossible to get out.

laura said...

ohhhh, finally I'm discovering the face hidden behind your cartoon! Beautiful!!

Go-Go Kim said...

You are too dang CUTE!!!! I wish I was gonna be seeing ya there but I will be in OOOOOOOklahoma finally seeing my new grandson!!!!! Have an amazing time!!!!!

*kate said...

Aw, you're a cutie! I think I'm doing the wrong thing this weekend ... I won't be at the Sewing Summit, but that doesn't mean I can't have a brown bag of wine and knitting needles in hand ...

AnneMarie said...

I was just saying the same thing...it's so hard to tell what people really look like from that little icon! thankgoodness for the nametags! Can't wait to meet ya!

Natalie said...

I love the photos! And, I love love the descriptions of how to spot you at the sewing summit! Sounds a lot like me :) Can't wait to meet up!

felicity said...

I'll have a glass or three thinking of all of you having tons of fun this weekend. Lucky you - say hi to everyone for me!

Emily said...

One squishy hug coming up! :) See you there! I just posted my pic too... but everyone will know me. I'm the one with no hair!

The Little Shop of Stitches said...

Simply fabulous! Wish I could be in Utah with you!

Poppyprint said...

Have a great time!!! How could you not?

Kristy said...

SEW jealous!!! Would love to be there! To meet you in person and possibly help you finish the other half of the brown bag and chocolate! ;) HAVE FUN!!!!!

Lynne said...

Have fun!

amylouwhosews said...

I'm so glad we got to meet! What a fun weekend - you and Samantha were two of my favorites! Hope you have a nice trip home! I'm sorry I didn't get to give either of you a proper good bye! ox