Friday, April 18, 2014

Sproutlette dress

I kind of have a girl-crush on Tanis....she makes the prettiest yarn, designs the sweetest patterns, is a master at photographing them, and she has a very cute little one year old boy who doesn't look half as bratty as my munchkins ;)

When I saw her release the Sproutlette pattern, my heart skipped a beat.  I think it is the cutest baby girl dress EVER.  Because let's face it, knit dresses can go the way of....tacky.  But this one is just precious.  Especially paired with her lovely pink grapefruit yarn. A few friends were expecting babies and I knew one was bound to be a girl, so I cast on.




This one was slow going.  It uses a finer yarn than I normally choose, and there are a lot of details to pay attention to.  But as you see the shapes unfold- pure magic. The leaf hem, the eyelets, the button closure on the keyhole back- all such amazing details.


A little girl was born recently and this sweet little dress will be gifted to her.  I hope she likes it!


6 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Bwahaha, love that you just knit it on the off-chance! It looks lovely though :o)

Unknown said...

What a pretty little dress...makes me want a grand daughter to knit for !

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

This is just so sweet, what a great present but what a lot of work!

Shay said...

Totally Sweet - I wish you'd been around when I was having a baby girl!

Tawny said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Definitely worth the extra time and attention to details. Fabulous job!

Future Quilter said...

A small point - I love the button! It just makes the whole project "extra" perfect. The details make the projects. Love this dress!