Wednesday, October 8, 2014

peace and love and Liberty (of London)

I bought a bunch of Liberty cuts while at Purl Soho in NYC, and got right down to using them.  As opposed to hoarding them.  Which, on occasion, I have been known to do ;)

First I made a couple really cool wraps, based on the Lululemon Vinyasa scarf.  Basically it is like a big rectangle with snaps than can be used to make it a wrap, scarf, cowl, shawl...there is a video of the 10 ways to use it!  I decided to make a couple with Liberty and chambray. It has been a great fall accessory!  Don't mind the post full of crappy iPhone pictures...it seems I am too lazy to pull out my fancy camera anymore!



I also decided to make a liberty pouch.  I actually planned to make enough for all my friends I was meeting at Craft South,  but only got one done, so Kelly (kelbysews) was the recipient.  The outer is patchwork of Liberty and chambray, the inner is a robin's egg blue shot cotton.  I made it large and square to accommodate and embroidery hoop and also put a piece of felt inside, suitable for storing needles.  I plan to make another for me (eventually).



I STILL have a Liberty quilt planned, which one day I will get to actually piecing- it is cut up and ready to go.  It is such a lovely fabric to work with, so soft...but pretty pricey.  Used sparingly!

6 comments:

Isisjem said...

Love the wrap and pouch and of course Liberty :-)

Katie B said...

That scarf is awesome! I'd love to make one for my mom. Did you use a tutorial or just figure it out?

Shay said...

Love that wrap/scarf/cowl! What a brilliant idea .....I may just have to put that one on my must make list ! I’ll have plenty of time – we wont be wearing neck and head gear here again until at least April.

And your pouch is adorable too. Liberty is very expensive here ...last time I checked it was around $54.00 per metre:(

felicity said...

My coworker has a vast collection of those lululemon scarves and I've thought about cribbing the pattern in a knit fabric. But I love your idea too!

ExportHubCN said...

I was pretty pleased to find this page. I wanted to thank you for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and I have you saved to fav to see new information in your blog. Visit the Chinese b2b platform

Mobile app development company said...

Informative article. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about appconsultio . In a world where mobile apps dominate digital interactions, partnering with our top mobile app development company means harnessing the power of technology to stand out in the competitive landscape. We don't just develop apps; we create solutions that inspire, engage, and deliver exceptional value to both you and your users.