Wednesday, October 8, 2014

peace and love and Liberty (of London)

I bought a bunch of Liberty cuts while at Purl Soho in NYC, and got right down to using them.  As opposed to hoarding them.  Which, on occasion, I have been known to do ;)

First I made a couple really cool wraps, based on the Lululemon Vinyasa scarf.  Basically it is like a big rectangle with snaps than can be used to make it a wrap, scarf, cowl, shawl...there is a video of the 10 ways to use it!  I decided to make a couple with Liberty and chambray. It has been a great fall accessory!  Don't mind the post full of crappy iPhone pictures...it seems I am too lazy to pull out my fancy camera anymore!



I also decided to make a liberty pouch.  I actually planned to make enough for all my friends I was meeting at Craft South,  but only got one done, so Kelly (kelbysews) was the recipient.  The outer is patchwork of Liberty and chambray, the inner is a robin's egg blue shot cotton.  I made it large and square to accommodate and embroidery hoop and also put a piece of felt inside, suitable for storing needles.  I plan to make another for me (eventually).



I STILL have a Liberty quilt planned, which one day I will get to actually piecing- it is cut up and ready to go.  It is such a lovely fabric to work with, so soft...but pretty pricey.  Used sparingly!

4 comments:

Isisjem said...

Love the wrap and pouch and of course Liberty :-)

Katie B said...

That scarf is awesome! I'd love to make one for my mom. Did you use a tutorial or just figure it out?

Shay said...

Love that wrap/scarf/cowl! What a brilliant idea .....I may just have to put that one on my must make list ! I’ll have plenty of time – we wont be wearing neck and head gear here again until at least April.

And your pouch is adorable too. Liberty is very expensive here ...last time I checked it was around $54.00 per metre:(

felicity said...

My coworker has a vast collection of those lululemon scarves and I've thought about cribbing the pattern in a knit fabric. But I love your idea too!