Tuesday, July 12, 2011

As Time Goes By

There is a great new shop called As Time Goes By in Winnipeg (at 442 Academy). It is home decor, has all sorts of fun goodies, and the owner, Katie, is a hoot! She also has a couple really fun ideas-her store has a free book exchange and....a button plate? What is that, you ask? Basically a plate full of awesome grandma vintage buttons that are FREE! Look at all the treasures I walked away with:

And here are some of my very favorites :-) I tell you , I was like a kid in a candy store.

Also, I bought this really cool beeswax needle holder. Apparently it helps your needles stay sharp!

Also scored some awesome maple flavored honey, made right here by little Manitoba bees! So crazy yummy...makes your toast taste like French Toast!
Anyways, Katie ships across Canada, so why not pop by her web site and take a peek for yourself?

Okay, at the risk of sounding like I am gloating, I received a couple more great things in the mail this week. First off- some more Denyse Schmidt to add to my obsession...I mean collection. These are courtesy of Kaelin at The Plaid Scottie, as part of a little swap we are doing. Thanks, Kaelin!

Second off, look at these luscious hand dyed yarns!

The purple is Malabrigo Chunky in Cuarzo, meant for a hat for a Christmas gift. Yes, already thinking ahead to Christmas! The orange is Madelinetosh Vintage in Warm Maise, for a sweater I am planning for Last But Not Least. It will be in the same Tiny Tea Leaves Cardi pattern that I am currently working on for The Middle Child. Man, sweaters take a long time!
We are heading on a bit of a family road trip soon (Lord help me), so I hope to take this along to keep me occupied/sane :-)

7 comments:

*kate said...

I'm pondering the ridiculousness of taking a trip to Winnipeg so I can dig through a free vintage button plate ...

Also, I'm very interested in what you think of that Tiny Tea Leaves pattern after you've finished it. I just made one for my daughter and made a ton of mistakes, but am happy with the outcome. I just bought the pattern and the yarn to make one for myself.

Enjoy your road trip!

Little Blue Mouse said...

Oh my, where does Katie source vintage buttons from that she can afford to give them away? Was this just a one off or has she always got some? I am really in awe, it's marvellous!

Shay said...

Kate's shop sounds like heaven. Free buttons? Im so there !

Very cute cardi you've got going on. I dont knit anything thats not simple squares because I figure I cant be brilliant at everything. (My knitting always ends up looking like crochet with all my dropped stitches...)

Rosa said...

Love that button, are very cute,I also love buttons.I`ll fly there to get one,jajja!It`d be amazing!!
I don´t knit but that cardi is adorable.

Tanya said...

Will have to check out that shop next time I'm in town!

Love the yarns!

Anonymous said...

I love your buttons! so cute. The yarn is wonderful and the colors perfect. I just keep knitting dishcloths. I tell myself it's good practice.hah.ah.a.aa.
I've had the maple honey and it's addicting. Mine was from VT and very good.

Anonymous said...

I found your site while searching for purse designs. I love everything you do. What talent!
I am relying on you to show us how you made the clutch frame purses. I already bought the 8" frames. I'm not that good at making my own patterns so I also hope that you will provide us with the little wallet pattern that goes with your Japanese purse. I know you're off until the end of August. Hope you've had a good summer. Thanks for such a wonderful sharing on your site. Diane C.