Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chap stick lanyards

My daughters go MENTAL for chap stick. Not sure if they lace some kind of drug in the stuff, but they adore it, can't get enough. I think they eat it more than apply it, but anyways.....

So I decided to do a quick little project inspired by a post by Noodlehead. Anna's is a super cute patchwork version, but I decided to do mine with a little bling factor using sparkly pink sequins.
The stuff was on sale (buy 1 meter get 3 free) as was some pre-made bias tape. As per usual, I bought enough for a small army (of little girls) and made these two, got bored, and then packed it in. Not sure how much money I "saved" with that kind of logic.....
I added a D-ring to attach the chap stick lids and in about 15 minutes a piece, they were done.
And I had two very happy little girls :-)

6 comments:

CĂ©line said...

The chap sticks look great! You can use them to collect all kind of things your little girls collect.

Lynette said...

I just love the pics of the girls together. :) They look like such happy sisters.

felicity said...

Very cute!!

Little Island Quilting said...

You've caught them at just the right age to wear chapsticks round their necks. I can just imagine the looks I'd get if I asked my 9 and 11 year old to do the same!

Alisa said...

My girls would love this too.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Wow, that sparkly stuff was a bargain, four metres for the price of one!

Lovely photos of the girls.