Saturday, July 16, 2011

Holiday Mode- away until August


Well, it is that lovely time of year when our family takes a break from it all and just enjoys our all-too-short summer!

Normally this time is spent in lazy days at the cottage, but this year due to the flooding there we are taking this opportunity to do something new.

Road trip!

Look out Wisconsin Dells, we are heading your way to try out these apparently crazy water parks of yours! So be warned, world....I will be in a bathing suit over the next weeks, you may want to shield your eyes ;)

We are also planning to take in Minneapolis, and some local sites and fun while the kiddos are off school. I will be coming and going from home, but am going to be taking a bit of a blogging/computer break over the next few weeks to enjoy some family time! Will catch up with all of you and your crafty accomplishments later on in August. But if you are just going to miss me too much and can't wait (hee hee), then you can pop by Amy's Creative Side next week...I will be her featured blogger :-)

Wishing you many days of sunshine, flip flops and ice cream cones!!

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh, I remember the days of having our two girls in a trailer behind the bike! Soooo much fun. Good laughs and memories.

Rachel said...

Have a great vacation - make the most of the oh-so-short Canadian summer because, in no time at all...well, you know...

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Happy days! Enjoy your time--My sil lives in Madison and they love Wisconsin Dells.

Katie B said...

Have a lovely time. I bet the kids will have a blast at the Dells!

Megan said...

Gah, ill be up that way next week! :) Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Enjoy! The Midwest is being hit with some crazy heat lately!

felicity said...

Have fuuuuuun!

Shay said...

Enjoy yourself. Come back with lots of funny stories and (hopefully) a bit of creative stuff to share.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Have a great time!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Kristie, your children are so cute!! Have a wonderful holiday and safe travels. Hugs, Sandy. :)

Jennifer said...

Have fun! We are starting our vacation later this week...

Jennnifer :)

bethanndodd said...

I hopped over from Amy's Creative Side...I have visited your blog before (I have made many bags based on your tute...great find...thanks!) but hadn't put you together with your quilts. So happy you were featured so I can check in more often :) Your quilts are inspiring (I adore your new strip quilt!). I feel the same way sometimes, especially times like now when I have 6 unfinished quilts in progress...yikes!! Enjoy your time away. Smiles~Beth