Monday, January 16, 2012

Miscellaneous yarn talk

Here's some odds and ends of "catch up" to share with you!

During December, some of my fantastic mom friends from the kids' school asked if I could teach them how to knit. Nothing makes me happier than recruiting new crafters into the obsession, so I was more than happy to oblige. We all gathered for a spirited stitch-n-bitch...we may have had more wine and treats that knitting, but it was awesome. We hope to make it a regular gig!


My one holiday-themed craft this year: another yarn wreath, as a gift. Click here to see last year's set.


Also knit up this simple ribbed neck warmer for Big G:


And a few more finished knit projects to show you soon, just waiting to be received!

In progress? A sweater for ME! The yarn I am using is Madelinetosh in Candlewick, and I love the golden tones. Hope to finish this before summer, but it may take me awhile!

This yarn bowl was a gift from my BFF Samantha for Christmas...how gorgeous is that? Prevents your yarn ball from rolling all over. You can get one here.

While I'm talking Christmas gifts, Sam also knit a set of rainbow legwarmers for each of my daughters for dance class...how cute are these?? They are well loved :)

And for Big G.... she ordered custom vinyls for a white magnet board to make it look like a hockey rink! With matching Winnipeg Jets magnets!! How cool is that?!? His head pretty much spun off its axis when he saw it. It is now home to all his prized Jets ticket stubs.


Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

"matching Winnipeg Jets magnets"...well I clearly haven't lived ;-)

randi--i have to say said...

it's always fun to get together with crafty friends! and the wine and the chatting MAKE the time wonderful!

love the hockey rink wall. so fun!

bethanndodd said...

Fabulous projects! I wish I knew someone that could teach me to knit. I have decided to take a class instead. How sweet of you to offer your time to them. Looking forward to seeing your other finishes. Smiles~Beth

Lynne said...

What fun - teaching knitting to a bunch of new friends.

The yarn bowl is very practical.

The kids seemed to have liked their gifts.

Shay said...

Love the idea of a yarn bowl. I may just have to get myself one for when I start that serious knitting project of mine ! (OK i just googled and apparently they are as rare as hens teeth here -I may have to fashion one for myself !)

Your knitting projects are awesomely fabulous as always.

Jennifer said...

How fun! Your sweater is going to be beautiful. Love the color!

Jennifer :)

Jacey said...

The hockey board is awesome!

I'm glad you've found some locals gals to knit with; it's so fun to share the crafting disease. ;)

What's the sweater pattern you're knitting? It's lovely so far; that is a great yellow!

Sheryl and Derek said...

I'd love to share a glass of wine with you (I'll bring the bottle) and have you teach me to knit!!!!

Little Blue Mouse said...

I love the neck warmer for Big G, I really must have a go at one.

It took me a while to figure out that the cut out on the yarn bowl was a letter Y, that's so clever.