Sunday, January 29, 2012

Disney bound with Minnie and Princess dresses :)

We are on our way! I am not sure who is more excited- me and the hubs or the kids. It is going to be great. And so nice to escape the frigid weather here in favor of some Florida sunshine!

I was at my local Fabricland last week and saw some pre-shirred Disney themed fabric, so I decided to pick some up to make some quick and cute Disney wear for my girls. It was on clearance...and even so was (IMO) a huge rip off and cost me about $20 a dress (I made 3). Regular price would have been about $70/dress- seriously? What is it, spun gold? Anyways, what can I say, I am a bit swept up by the Magic of Disney at the moment, so I sucked it up and bought it. And it may have had something to do with those adorable big green 4 year old eyes looking up at me..."Mommy, please?"


In the end, I am really pleased with how they turned out. For The Middle Child, it fits like a sleeveless tunic and looks sweet with leggings. For LBNL, I added straps for an adorable sundress. I am sure they will get lots of mileage while away, I had to peel them off the girls to get them into the suitcase!

Will see you all in a couple weeks when we get home! While on the plane, I hope to do something with my pile of this:
(photo and wool from Tanis Fiber Arts, colorway is lemongrass. Dreamy :)

11 comments:

Sasha said...

Awwww have fun!!! The fabric was worth it!! Your girls look adorable and so happy =D Your yarn is gorgeous!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it all knit up =D

Little Island Quilting said...

Canadian school holidays or you're sneaking them out of school?!

Have fun!

Katie B said...

Have a blast! Your girls look adorable in their dresses.

Shay said...

Thats highway robbery. Im so glad you got the fabric on sale( and the girls look adorable )

That yarn is gorgeous!

Have fun. Say hi to Disneyland for me. I used to dream about going there when I was a kid.

felicity said...

Have fuuuuun!

Barb said...

Have a great holiday! The dresses are so sweet. I haven't shown my daughter the disney fabric at Fabricland yet, but a trip to the magic kingdom would be just the right occasion.

bethanndodd said...

So adorable...the dresses and the girls! Hope you have a fun and safe trip. Can't wait to see what you do with that gorgeous yarn! Smiles~Beth PS~Don't forget to take notes for me while in Disney ;)

Tawny said...

Ouch! Those would have been terribly expensive dresses if the fabric wasn't on sale. I mean, shirring is a pain in the bum, but to have it pre-done shouldn't cost that much!

Anyway the dresses are super cute and well worth it!!!

Have an awesome time on your holiday :D

Crystal said...

My granddaughter wanted to sew a dress so I bought some of the Princess shirred fabric and we whipped it up last week! I agree - it was expensive - but we made her a dress in an hour which definitely made one 5 yr. old happy. Have a great vacation!

Natalie said...

Those dresses are adorable! And, I can't wait to see what you do with that gorgeous pile of yarn. Um, I kind of want to eat it, it looks so good!
Hope you're having a great trip!

Jacey said...

Cute dresses! And that yarn is swoon-worthy. I hope you have a great time!