Saturday, January 7, 2012

mad hatter

I mostly stuck to my guns about having a relaxing, stress free, store bought Christmas, and my sewing machine had quite honestly not seen the light of day since November. But I did get the itch to stitch a few times, so I made some hand knit hats for some of my friends and family.

Okay- it was kind of like a factory around here... :) I think I made 7 in total, didn't take photos of them all!

I learned to cable! Now I really feel fancy-schmancy. Shhhh...don't spill the beans, but it was really quite simple. Also, Michael's had a sale on my favorite bulky yarn, so I bought a bunch and churned out these puppies. I made this pattern 3 times for friends. How cute is that button detail?

Another one from the same pattern, but modified with no button band. I love the pumpkin orange, yo!

And one more slightly different cable pattern for my wonderful and very crafty MIL:

Here's the pile of them including the purple one which was blogged here.


My favorite part? These awesome labels, bought here (found via Katie on Pinterest). Me loves to be cheeky ;) I think they will go on everything I make from now on!


Yup, I am officially a Mad Hatter!

19 comments:

Leah said...

Great hats, and love that label!

Little Island Quilting said...

Love that label.
And the hats.
But you knew that already.
Cough cough.

bethanndodd said...

Adorable! I have gotta learn to knit in 2012! It would be the perfect crafty thing to do while spending hundreds of hours at baseball fields this Spring & Summer. I am totally getting some labels...hope you don't mind!
Smiles~Beth

Holly said...

Those labels are awesome! Good job on learning how to cable!

Shay said...

Those labels are priceless.

Lovely hats too. One of my goals for this year is to knit something but I can assure you it wont be a hat and it surely wont be done in cable!

Stephanie said...

Love the hats!

How on earth did I not know you were on Pinterest?!?! That is just wrong! I am now following you :)

Kati said...

Love those hats! I need some of those labels!

Lynne said...

That label made me chuckle - cheeky indeed! Congratulations on learning to cable - you're right, it's not so difficult!

Katie B said...

Love the cheeky labels and fancy-schmancy hats. I had no idea you were so gangsta!

Jenelle said...

That label cracks me up! Instead of "oh a handmade gifts, thaaannnks (shuffle, shuffle)" from some of those hard to please peeps on my list, maybe next year I could elicit more of a "OH! A handmade gift! I will forever be in your debt and will cherish this always!" Just saying. ;)

Poppyprint said...

OMG those labels are hysterical!!! I must get some! If you haven't got cabling out of your system, can we talk swap? I can't knit...ahem, revision: I chose a frustration-free existence, therefore I do not knit. Do you have a thread catcher? I will never believe you that those cables are easy (I have a feeling you're a BFL on that one). I LOVE those hats!! Let's talk if you're up for it.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Ha ha, those labels are great, and I love all the hats.

Jules said...

those labels are hilarious!, i saw them on pinterest too. And your hats, well i can see why you didn't use your machine!, you were the "knitting machine"

Sew,ray,me said...

They're gorgeous! Your friends/family are very lucky :)

Love the cheeky labels too!

Katy Cameron said...

Hee hee, love the label!

felicity said...

Hilarious label! I love all your hats. I don't have a good hat head now that I have short hair. Sadz.

Kate S. said...

Yay for cables, they really aren't that hard! The hats look great :)

*kate said...

Love this hat! And I see it's a free pattern. Holla!

amylouwhosews said...

I love those labels!! That's hilarious! nothing like a little guilt to go along with the gift!