Friday, February 10, 2012

Homecoming mail!

We are home from Disney World! We had a fantastic trip!! I promise to subject you all to a long drawn out post once I get my thoughts and photos together. In the meantime, I had some other goodies to show off. I was excited to come home to a lovely pile of crafty mail! Zip-a-dee-do-dah! ;)

When Krista asked me if I would be willing to do a swap for one of my cable knitted hats, I jumped at the chance. I prefer impromptu private swaps among blogging friends far more than the organized group variety, and I love Krista's work, so I knew I was in for a treat. I requested an armrest pincushion made from Amy's tutorial. One of those things on my bucket list for ME, so of course I never get around to making it.

She did an awesome job! I love, love, love it. I adore the Enchino fabrics, and the thick quilting thread really makes it pop. She even included a box of pins, in case I ever get over my aversion to, well, pinning stuff ;)

This will be the perfect partner as I do some hand stitching while catching up on some t.v. by the fire during the winter months. My husband will be pleased that he no longer needs to pluck stray pins and needles out of his arse. Lots of little pockets for scissors and measuring tape and such. The only thing it is missing is a place for my beer, but fear not! That is why God invented the beer helmet. Hands free beer-slugging awesomeness. I sent the cabled hat (which, sorry Krista, does not hold beer) on its way along with a package of those goofy "This took forever" tags and a little sewing magnet. I think it looks so cute on her! Thanks for a wonderful swap, Krista!
(pssst- I stole this picture from Krista's post)

I also got a big box-o-fabric from one of my favorite fabric mules, Kaelin. You know, that really loud chick in the neck brace? She is such a Temptress, with her destashing sales! I couldn't say no to this bundle of Denyse Schmidt Country Fair home dec fabric. Really- how could I be expected to resist? I also bought some Heather Ross Princess and the Pea...will incorporate it into my daughter's bed quilt that I will (eventually) get around to sewing up! You guys are going to demand some substance to this blog eventually, I'm sure ;) Also in the box....a beyond adorable but top secret handmade gift from one of Kaelin's upcoming patterns......filled with chocolate, no less. Thanks, Kaelin!!

And finally, Little Island Alison spoiled me with yet another set of those highly addictive Mollie Makes magazines! Am looking forward to a quiet moment to peruse. Do those moments exist???

Have a good day, friends :) It's good to be home again!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome home! Hope you guys had a ton of fun :)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I can't wait to hear about your trip! We are headed there this September. First trip for my daugther. 221 days more days to go! LOL!

Shay said...

Welcome back. I've missed you!

Well...look at that pile of gorgeousness. Well worth coming home to.

Ummmm holiday snaps please. I want to live vicariously through your adventures.

Unknown said...

You're so stinkin' funny. :) I love the word arse, but I doesn't sound nearly as cute with an American accent as a Canadian accent!

Little Blue Mouse said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday.

That armrest pincushion is lovely (as is the hat you sent in exchange of course).

Lynne said...

Seems like coming home was nearly as exciting as your vacation!

Katie B said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you Had fun! Now go do some laundry.

felicity said...

Welcome home!