Thursday, June 13, 2013

last of the purple sweaters, I swear!

Okay, I may have finally gotten the "purple sweateritis" out of my system.  Though I love this one as much as the others.  If you missed the boat on the other three , they are posted here, here and here.  All with my favorite ever super soft purple Malabrigo yarn.

 

I made this sweater as a thank you gift for my sweet friend, Tracey.  Well, it is actually for her adorable daughter, Scarlet, but seeing our babes all dressed up does a mama's heart good, doesn't it?  I wanted to send her a little something in thanks for all of the time she spent on the graphics of my hockey quilt pattern.  Lord knows it would have never came to be without her!  She is always cheering me on with my knitting, so I decided this would be just the thing.


I used the tiny tea leaves pattern, which I have made a couple times before for my girls, but this time modified it to make the neck not so wide.  I added a few lilac pearl buttons, since Tracey was such a fan of those on my niece's sweater.  Inside, I stitched in a label by Izzy and Ivy I still had from my Sewing Summit grab bag in 2011.


And speaking of Tracey, not sure if you saw her Blogger's Quilt Festival post, but she has now finished and gifted the amazing scrappy sprouts quilt to her good friend, Chelsa, who is fighting cancer.  This is an absolutely gorgeous quilt and sentiment, and I was so happy to be able to contribute some blocks to its making.  I think I need to make one for me!

 
(photo by traceyjay quilts, used with permission)

7 comments:

Sew Nomadic said...

Well I have no gripe about the purple sweaters! I simply love that color yarn and all your creations from it look so wonderful! Great job! I really like the label on the inside of the sweater. Where ever did you get it???

katie@stvital said...

Another great sweater! Tracey is part of my Facebook quilting group :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Perfect gift x

Shay said...

More purple beauty! You did a wonderful job as always and Im sure the little one will look darling.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

It's really not fair that you are so talented. The sweater is beautiful and your friend did a lovely job coordinating the quilt for her friend. I need to make that quilt too

Tracey Jacobsen said...

I need to get a real picture of Scarlet wearing that most wonderfully precious sweater!!! I just love it more than I can say. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish your friend’s friend has survived her battle. Anyway, the sweater really looks cozy and great! Who wouldn’t love it anyway? Anything that is made with love is simply to die for. The quilt is likewise adorable and lovely with its dazzling design and pattern. Thanks a lot for sharing!


Please visit My Website: PhD Degree