Tuesday, June 11, 2013

my new favourite quilt.

Okay, it is not so new.  I have been sleeping under this for a month or more now.


My favourite Anna Maria Horner Good Folks fabric.  Pieced with love on a weekend away in Atlanta, it will always remind me of that trip and bonding with my quilty friends.


Quilted by the amazing Krista in an all over loop pattern.  The texture is perfect on this monster sized quilt, a large king at 120" by 90".


Buttery voile on the back, so soft on the skin. It is the perfect weight for summer. I love how it welcomes me to bed every night.



My favourite. Now I just need to make me some matching pillowcases and shams :)

 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh it's gorgeous!! How big are the blocks?

Little Island Quilting said...

Wow, wow and wow. Winning combination :-)

(That was a compliment btw!)

Angie said...

Ooooh I am in love with this quilt!! What size are your blocks? Love the fabrics---and the size---love everything about it. :)

Svetlana said...

absolutely positively gorgeous!!!!

What Comes Next? said...

just beautiful!

ipatchandquilt said...

Oh my! This quilt is awesome!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Katie B said...

Sigh. It's so dreamy!

Krista said...

It's so awesome! And somehow I forgot about the voile backing. How decadent!

Shay said...

That is one insanely beautiful quilt Kristie. LOVE that quilting too...the circles are perfect.

Jessica said...

This is amazing! I'm starting my AMH quilt soon and I want to used voile on the back - anything you need to keep in mind when FMQing with it on the bottom?

Krista Withers said...

I love this quilt insanely. You're amazing.

Krista Withers said...

I love this quilt insanely. You're amazing.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
(and you're making me want to slip in some buttery voile myself) ;)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Beautiful xxx

Kelsey said...

It's quilted!!! Wow it looks fantastic. You must feel great to have this off your WiP list. Now you get to snuggle beneath it too!

Rebecca said...

That's a great quilt. I love the quilting. Makes the room so cherry. Or is it cheery? Yes cheery.

(sorry, bad speller!)

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

it is gorgeous. I have been collecting voile to make a scrappy trip quilt

kim said...

That looks so great! What pattern did you use?

bethanndodd said...

Easy to see why it is your new favorite...absolutely beautiful!
Smiles~Beth