Thursday, September 16, 2010

Necklace-obsessed

My fabric necklaces needed a buddy.
When I saw this linked up at Quilt Story a couple weeks ago, I knew I had to have one. The tutorial is at Flamingo Toes. She had a great theme week where she made necklaces inspired by those for sale at Anthropologie. This little number retails for about US$ 140. Including the cost of the silver chain, I made it for under $20. Not bad, eh? I used some kind of charcoal fabric...it shimmers a bit (I suck at fabric names beyond "quilting cotton", remember?) and paired it with some pretty little purple/pink beads to add a subtle splash of color.

I love the little detail of the baby flower at the clasp. So pretty when you have your hair up.

Thanks, Bev, for a great tutorial!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Your necklace turned out great! I tried it as well. I think I will give it to someone as a gift. I love the look of them! Enjoyed reading your blog. stop by if you get the chance:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Love this...I'll take one PLEASE!!!

Amy Friend said...

Wonderful! I also love the detail at the clasp!! Great work :)

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Kristie, you did a great job!! I love the fabric and beads you used, what a great combination. :)
I'd love it if you'd link it up to the ongoing linky for necklaces - here's the link: http://www.flamingotoes.com/2010/09/necklace-features-and-linky/