Friday, September 24, 2010

Stuck on you

Look at these little beauties.... Had to get me some, when I saw Kelli's. I have been meaning to make a pincushion for ages, but hadn't gotten around to it. Can you believe I didn't even own ONE?? So I bought two- one for me, and one for a friend. They were made by Amy, using a stencil of freezer paper, at During Quiet Time on Etsy. She has a great blog as well!

How am I ever going to stick a pin in this? It's too cute! Maybe I will just name her and she can be my sewing partner. We can have long chats and laugh together, and if she insults my wonky sewing lines.... well, I will stab her with a pin. Meh ha haaaaaaa (evil laugh)!!

I also asked Amy to also make me a mini-quilt, to hang on my wall in my craft room, based on another adorable pincushion she blogged here. Just gave her a color palate preference of red and aqua, and a go! In a flash, she had it done- take a look:Isn't it great? It will be wonderful inspiration as I work away in my craft room. All the steps of quilting listed, and a sampling of different quilt squares along the left. So cute. Can't wait for it to arrive! It was also made with a freezer paper stencil for the words. Now Amy has me stimulated...bought my own freezer paper at the grocery store this week, we'll see what comes of it, eh?

In other news, I got a lovely email from Healther and Megan at Quilt Story asking to feature my Twin Quilts today....gave me the warm fuzzies! Thanks for the quilt love, everyone :-) I have another one to show you next week, in some sweet Nicey Jane!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

They are so stinkin cute huh!?!
I have stick my pins around her, Mostly in the floral fabric part.I agree if she picks on your sewing then a "slip" with the pin will teach her whos boss!
COngrats on being on Quiltstory again!

Amy Friend said...

Come on...the pincushion is plenty big...there is no need to stick that cute little doll! :) I hope your mini arrives safely! The colors are so much better in person!