Thursday, April 5, 2012

can't seem to.....what? oh yah, focus.

Sometimes I feel like my brain is being pulled in 50 directions. And that is just with my crafts! I used to be so good and sitting down and seeing one quilt or project through to completion, but now it seems I am half way into one quilt top when I go and start another, and nothing ever gets finished. I have so many ideas rattling around in my head that when I get an hour to sit and do something, the time is often wasted, standing in my craft room, spinning in circles looking at all the "piles." I need some focus. So when I saw Tracey's post "Just 3 Things" I knew it was the challenge for me! She is hosting a linky party where you write down just 3 crafting goals for the month. Simple! So that is what I am going to do!


Here are my three goals for April:

1. Baste, quilt and bind The Middle Child's FFA2/3 quilt. The poor girl has been waiting 9 months for it, so I want to get it done for her! I even got the back pieced last night (don't mind the nighttime photo):

2. Related, but separate: make a coordinating pillow for her bed.

3. Start a quilt with my new ruler:
(photo and ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful)

I have a bunch of other half finished quilts that I should really work on, but this ruler is calling my name. I have a stack from my stash set aside ready to go. I have a few design options and recipients in mind, but I will get just one sliced up and started.

So, when I have a minute this month, I am going to consult my list and work on one of these things. If I finish them, great! On to something new. If I don't feel like it, that's fine, too. But at least, when I am at a loss, it gives me a place to start. Hopefully less time wasted this month! Thanks for the great idea, Tracey!

5 comments:

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

LOL....know the feeling! Good luck with your goals!! :)

Trudi said...

Oh, go play with your new ruler, you are gonna LOVE it! promise!

Live a Colorful Life said...

I just got this ruler. SO anxious to try something with it!

Little Island Quilting said...

Ooooh...you got the ruler too!

Poppyprint said...

This ruler is everywhere! I like what people are doing with it. Have fun!! I once took so long to complete a quilt for my daughter that one day (I think she was about 6 or 7 years old) she asked me "Mommy, remember that quilt you were making me? Did you lose it?"
Good luck with your 3!