Friday, April 20, 2012

this week

Like any other week, I am busy and multitasking and trying to balance all that comes with family, work and fun. Thought I would share some tidbits.

This week I am:

1. basting.... my FFA2/3 quilt and another secret one that is in the works (sneak peak only!)



2. quilting.... an old WIP for the perfect recipient :)



3. dreaming, designing what comes next....



4. writing..... a long-overdo pattern (for the hockey quilt!)

5. blocking...the cutest ever baby sweater I just finished. After a bit of a baby drought, I am so excited that a few of my friends are popping out babies this summer so I can knit up some cute wee things. So cute, but, shhh! A secret ;)



6. casting on...another sweater, a new one for me!



7. disappointed.... that my new Juki sewing machine, which was supposed to arrive in 3-7 days, is STILL on back order, a month later!!! Boo!

8. hopeful....that you might take a minute to make a donation of any amount for my upcoming SCAD fundraiser walk? You can read more here, and click here to donate.

9. grateful...for those of you who have already donated to help me meet my goal of raising $1000 for SCAD research. Thank you so much!!

10. celebrating....Last But Not Least's upcoming birthday with a sweet cowgirl party this weekend. When did my baby get to be FIVE?? I am such a lucky mom.


Which means I better be on my way to ice cupcakes and stuff loot bags. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Cascade Quilts said...

looks like something made with the quick curve ruler mmmm?

Tracey Jacobsen said...

fun week!
Cute party invitations, and I REALLY REALLY want to learn to knit before Scarlet is too big to wear these things! agh!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Yay for the Hockey quilt pattern - I can't wait for it to be done!!!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shay said...

Good grief Kristie ...slow down gal. You're making me dizzy with all this activity.

Hope everyone enjoys the birthday party!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

I agree, yay for the hockey quilt pattern - it was your first blog post that I read. Horse riding party sounds fabulous!

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
felicity said...

Here's to lots of birthday fun.

Anonymous said...

Love your week in review. Glad to know that there is someone else feeling busy :)

kim said...

I'm really looking forward to that hockey quilt pattern. I'll be first in line for that one!!!!