Tuesday, December 11, 2012

holy cowl!

I would like to take a moment to direct you all to my blog title...yes, a bit of OCD over here.

Last Christmas, it was all about the knit hats.  This year, I may have gone a little Cowl Crazy.

First of all, I never did show you the finished cowls that I made as gifts for Felicity and Krista.  I wanted to give them a little something when I met them in the flesh at retreat.

As soon as I saw this yarn, Malabrigo Rios in Solis, I knew it was made for Felicity.  She is all about the blues and greens, and she was working on this adorable mini quilt while I was stitching this up, so I named it the Posseidon Cowl ;)  I used the free Northern Loop pattern from Ravelry, and she looked so gosh darn adorable in it!


For Krista, I went with warm tones, the same Malabrigo Rios but in Archangel.  I used the (also free) Elis pattern on Ravelry, which uses a cool Indian Cross Stitch that was a ton of fun to knit up.  Loved how it looked on her as well!


Then I made another modified Elis using some Tanis Fiber Arts yarn for my friend Samantha.  Shipped it off to her in Toronto!


Then there was the Honey Cowl for Svetlana...

...and the Herringbone Cowl for me.


Next I decided to make a Dropped Stitch cowl using a skein of Malabrigo Rasta that I had been hording for awhile.  This was meant for a gift but I loved it too hard....it's for me.  I am not going to lie to you, it makes me look HOT.

This was a great, quick knit, so I decided to make a few more as gifts using my stash of Wool Ease Thick and Quick, in navy, pumpkin and fisherman.  Edward was a good sport and is modeling them for me.


If he looks a little sour, it is because his feelings are hurt as Katie B said she DOESN'T LIKE TWILIGHT.  What the fudge?  Katie, please reconsider........he's not going to give up on you....for eternity.

And that concludes my OCD venture into the world of cowls.  For now!

19 comments:

Stephanie said...

They all look fabulous!

Also, the Twilight movies ruined the books for me. Really sorry but I cannot stand those movies or the actors in them.

kat129 said...

I love them all! fantastic knitting lady! that herringbone cowl looks like it will be next on my needles... you have very lucky friends :-)

Katie B said...

Here's me reading this post:

Felicity: Adorable.

Krista: Super Cute.

Kristie: Hot, hot, hotter.

Edward: DAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! MUST. PUNCH. SOMEONE.

So thanks for that.

Cascade Quilts said...

I love them! Especially the purple one! Great for those shirts that are just a little too low in the front, hehe. I need to learn to knit.........

Jo Ann said...

love the cowls. I even like to knit them myself. Can you get any easier than round needles?

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Man! I need to learn to knit! These are all gorgeous!

Shay said...

Have you thought about a second career as a cowl model?

All of your creations look fabulous and frankly I think every Christmas should have a present "theme".

Terri said...

Yummy - colors and patterns!
Hugs

felicity said...

I absolutely adore your modelling mosaic. I also love Katie's hilarious comment. Edward's (sparkly) feelings are hurt...for eternity.

Lynne said...

This past winter (it's summer here now) I knitted lots of cowls --so much faster than scarves and I think more practical! Yours look fabulous -- I loved the photo shoot of yourself!

Poppyprint said...

Yeah, but with that rack, you look hot in just about anything, sister!I have been wearing my cowl non-stop. I truly love it. Now my daughter is after a massive chunky one. I'm going to have to learn to knit b/c they were $100 at the craft fair last weekend. They look to me like they are knit on massive broomsticks - is that true?

Poppyprint said...

OMG Katie B. killing me!

Svetlana said...

all these cowls look fantastic!!! And I just love your sense of humor, I'd never, ever in my life think to get me an Edward, how ingenious. He does look dashing modeling those cowls.

QuiltNut Creations said...

I have the same Edward; I love that you convinced him to model for you :)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

:-D
I can see Edward's still brooding over his hurt.

rstogether said...

You are hot, no doubt about that. Edward is looking a bit stilted. How does he feel about that wool? I'm sure that's what I used for my cowl (the one where you showed me how to 'YO') and I feel I need a 10 inch neck it's so stiff. Could be the knitting.....nah, it's the wool for sure.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

They look great, but old moody-pants still looks like he needs a good slap!

Sasha said...

I'm really loving the herringbone cowl!! They all look gorgeous though :)

Sew Nomadic said...

I loooove your herringbone cowl! What wool did you use? I very much need one of these bad boys for my neck! Thanks for sharing!