Monday, December 17, 2012

shine a light for peace

Today I thought I would share a video clip from my children's recent school Christmas concert.  As usual, hundreds of proud parents, grandparents and relatives stuffed the school gymnasium to beam and cheer as their wee loved ones performed.  This year, Last But Not Least was chosen to do a solo for the final song, where all of the students came together to sing.  The song is called "Shine a Light for Peace," and given the events in Connecticut this weekend, and that it is sung by children that same age, it is all the more poignant to me.  Plus, I am an extremely proud, gushing mama :)  Hope you enjoy it!

Wishing you all Peace.

12 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

wonderful sentiment and fabulous singing by your daughter. Peace to you and yours.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

i'm crying at the sweetness . . . and timing. merry christmas to your beautiful family.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

you didn't tell us to first grab the box of kleenex! So sweet and you are right, the timing is perfect. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Shay said...

Adorable. Simply beautiful.

Hold your kids tight and hug them for me . Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas.

Christine said...

beautiful! Wishing you and your family a peaceful and happy christmas

Tracey Jacobsen said...

she broke my dam of tears Kristie! She did such a good job... but I'm sobbing like a baby!

LindseyAnne said...

Delightful! It's a while since I attended my own daughters' Christmas concerts and I'd forgotten the hesitant, slightly shambolic nature of them. It all adds to the charm! And the singing is beautiful. I love how they start off quite shy and then begin to soar. So cute. And, as you say, so poignant. Yours tearfully xx

Mandy said...

So so beautiful. The tears are flowing....

Mandy said...

So so beautiful. The tears are flowing....

Svetlana said...

so totally adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Sasha said...

That was the sweetest video. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.

rstogether said...

What a star. It's delightful to hear their little voices. Nothing like it.