Wednesday, December 19, 2012

leg warmers

I saw these in an old Knit 1 magazine and instantly fell in love.  I love the look of socks or leg warmers peeking out over tall boots.


Of course they looked cuter on the stick-thin model, but I still think I can pull them off :)


They are knit flat and then laced up on the side with leather straps, which I think ups the cool factor, don't you?  And they actually do keep my legs warm.  Bonus!  Was nice to make a little something just for me in the midst of this busy Christmas season!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Boot toppers are on my knitting to do list, too! :)

Unknown said...

(And yours are super cute!)

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said...

Love these! Just made myself a simple pair but these are even better. Plus you are more stick thin than me! :)

S x

Carla said...

They're gorgeous! Yes you pulled it off ; )

Svetlana said...

wow, these look fantastic. And you totally can pull it off!!!

Lynne said...

Cute!

Before our next winter (June to August), I need to knit me some knee warmers, preferably in the round!

Tawny said...

Gorgeous! So... uh... are you taking orders for these? Cuz I need me a pair! :D

rstogether said...

They look great. And you just upped my jealous meter on your ability to knit these.

Sarah said...

They are cool! And I think they look lovely on you, no stick thin model needed! But I have to say OMG leg warmers?! We're back to 1984 aren't we!

Sasha said...

I love these! You look super cute in them too!!

Kelsey said...

oh my gosh I love those! They look fantastic Kristie!

Lily said...

Doing a lot of knitting these days I see! Adorable and not too time consuming! Happy new year Kristie!

AnneMarie said...

Those are super cute! Definitely love the lace up part!