Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hockey Quilt Pattern is here!!!

Over 2 years ago, I made a hockey rink quilt for Big G for his birthday.

 

I can't tell you how many wonderful compliments and comments I have received about it.  And I promised multiple people that I would write a pattern.  But life is busy and my computer graphics skills are nil and time just passed!

Well, thanks in large part to a big helping hand from my wonderful quilty friends Tracey and Ali, it is finally done and in my shop!

I named it The Good Old Hockey Game quilt pattern as a tribute to the song by Stompin' Tom Conners, who sadly passed away last week.  The pattern is in PDF format and includes a combination of graphics and photos, along with templates, to guide you through.  This is a great pattern for beginners as it involves basic patchwork and an introduction to simple pieced and appliquéd curves.


It comes together quickly and the top could easily be pieced over a weekend!  The pattern is for a twin sized quilt top, finishing up at 68" by 88".


To thank you for your patience in waiting for this pattern, I have applied a 20% coupon with the code LONGWAIT20.  This coupon is valid now through March 20/13.

This is my very first pattern and I am so excited to finally have it complete after a loooooong process!  hope you like it, too :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the hockey quilt.

KT said...

Hubby plays hockey and we both love it! I do think I will give you some one my money! :)

Al said...

Congrats - you got it finished!!

Elizabeth E. said...

First, I didn't know that Connors had died. What a sad day in hockey fandom! Second, I'm thrilled you created this pattern. The hubs will be thrilled! Yeah! Go Leafs! (Although, he would say "Go, Avs!")

http://thankfullga447 said...

We are a hockey family, the quilt is awesome. Love the light blue.

Shay said...

That is one awesome quilt !

Alisa said...

Beautiful! It is a great (Canadian) quilt!

Denica said...

Immediately purchased this pattern! Desperately looking through scraps so I can start working on it :-) Congrats on your first pattern!

Carla said...

Oh it's wonderful! He loves it ; )

Katie B said...

I remember when I first saw this quilt (bloggers' quilt festival?) and thought, "Dang, this quilt is awesome. I need to start reading this woman's blog!" Glad you've finally released the pattern.

Just need to see if I can find someone in Alabama who likes hockey...

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you. I wondered when you would start your own patterns. Maybe a book in the works??

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

This is such a great pattern. I remember it when you first debuted it. My 33 year old hockey paying son would love it. I just might have to order the pattern and surprise him.

Heidi Grohs said...

I have always loved this quilt!!!

Kelly said...

What a cute idea! I know so many people who would love one of these! I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/