Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sew-vivor: Round 1 Emerald Challenge

Well, today is the day that the Emerald Challenge items are revealed for the top ten Sew-vivors!  This is my first sewing competition and I was feeling a little awed by the talent of my competition, so I knew I would have to think of something special.  Luckily inspiration came quickly for me, and I am very happy with my project!  Although there is something fishy about it.....


I decided to use the green as scales for this cute little fish pouch!  I have had this idea rattling around in my head for a couple years, when I bought a similar backpack style fish bag for Big G in a market in Italy, and have seen some variations since on Pinterest.  This challenge was the proding I needed to get it done!


The drawstring closure can be pulled on both sides for a shorter wristlet strap, or pulled to one side for  over-the-shoulder wear.  And the drawstring doubles as a fishy mouth :)



 

Lots of room for a phone, change purse, keys and all sorts of treasures inside!


This little fishy was instantly claimed by The Middle Child.


I am sure the other contestants will be bringing all sorts of talent to this challenge, so hop over to Family Ever After, take a look and cast your vote!  Voting is open now through Friday evening, and the five who advance will be announced next Wednesday. One vote per device :)  Thanks so much and wish me luck!


22 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

It is darling. I love the fish and the sweater.

nest full of eggs said...

so fun !

Paula said...

It gets my vote. What an inspired and different idea. Any chance you might post a tutorial for this in the future - I have two little boy I know would absoultely adore these for summer outings.

Unknown said...

I second Paula's comment. I actually came over to your blog for the first time from Family Ever After because I was hoping for a full tutorial on this bag... I would love, love, LOVE to see one in the future! (any way I can convince you to do one soonish?)

Angelina- JoJo & Eloise said...

Oh isn't this just perfectly SWEET!! I have some little one's that would just absolutely LOVE this.. I love the use of Greens for the scales ;)
xo
Angelina

Krista said...

This is so cute! And clever! I haven't had a chance to comment yet to congratulate you on making it into sew-vivor, but it is well-deserved and I'm excited for you :)

Darcy said...

Ok, when are you releasing the pattern for THIS?! No, not for my child, for ME! Love it!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Oh it is brilliant!!!

Amanda said...

This is just so fun. I love the mixed patterns in the fins. Great fabric choices and good work. I voted for your project. I think half the fun of sewing is making one of a kind imaginative things for our kiddos. Can't wait to see what you do in the next round.

Katie B said...

Woah, this is awesome!!! Off to vote!

Tiara said...

I voted such an awesome project idea

Kirsten said...

Your fish pouch is such a cute idea!

Shay said...

Your fish pouch is completely awesome. Naturally I popped over and gave you a vote for my favourite.

Lynne said...

Wow! Amazing! I've never seen anything like it so I thought you were very creative!

Little Blue Mouse said...

What a great pouch! I love the photo of The Middle Child fishing for it.

Good luck with the competition.

Charity said...

This is so cute! I might have to make one for my daughter.

alidiza said...

Totally inspired!!! Good luck:-)

Lindsay@fortheloveofcotton said...

Holy Moly, that pouch is awesome!!!! My youngest son would LOVE that. I just voted for you. Good luck!

Holly said...

Love the fish! I just popped over and voted for you. Good luck!

karen608 said...

I voted for your fish! It would be nice in many sizes... it would be a cool laundry bag, or even pillow!

Svetlana said...

adorable, good luck!!!

Karen said...

What a wonderful little bag!!! It has so much personality. So, so clever. Congratulations on the Sew-vivor win! I am enjoying seeing your entries in the finalist round.