Tuesday, April 8, 2014

my favourite sweater

While it took me six months to plod through my Coolbreeze cardigan, this one, I whipped off in TWO WEEKS, thanks in part to a road trip and a day at a dental conference....as you may recall, I like shaking it up at my conferences with some knitting ;)


Oh, this sweater.  The perfect colour grey yarn with hints of blue (Tanis Fiber Arts shadow).  Simple fit and flattering boat neck.  Sweet cable details in the front and along the raglans and down the sleeves.  My very favourite.



The neck did stretch too wide after a couple wears as warned by several other Ravelers, so I took their advice and crocheted a chain along the edge and now it holds its shape perfectly.



I could have maybe gone down a size as it did give with wear, but I like the loose, easy fit.

A staple with jeans and a tank top!


All the details of mods, etc on my Ravelry page here.

10 comments:

Katie B said...

Lookin beautiful!

Katy Cameron said...

Looks like a good way to while away a work conference to me!

Poppyprint said...

Gorgeous!!!

Svetlana said...

oh my!!! that's one gorgeous, gorgeous sweater.

Leigh Anne said...

Gorgeous!

Shay said...

Beautiful!

Sewing Princess said...

great pattern and great on you!

Lisa C said...

You made a beautiful sweater. I would certainly make it again in a different colorway if I were you (and I could knit...) Gorgeous!

Tawny said...

Love! Beautiful job.

agnes said...

Wow! That's the most stylish hand-knit sweater.