Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Noodlehead Poolside Tote

It was about -40 degrees Celsius when Anna of Noodlehead asked if I wanted to pattern test her new Poolside Tote.  It felt so good to work on a piece of summer in the midst of our epic winter this year.  And it was just the slice of happy I needed! And The Middle Child agrees ;)



A wonderfully large tote designed for toting all those towels, magazines and flip flops to the pool or beach.  The pattern is well written with tons of diagrams and photos for all of the steps- very comprehensive, though I would expect no less from a Noodlehead pattern!  Anna made this pattern as part of the Bag of the Month Club, so it is available there exclusively until July, when she will also release it on her own site.



The pattern comes with directions for a slip pocket or a zippered pocket.  I decided to add both.  The zippered pocket is perfect for keeping little things like keys, wallets and phones secure.  I was so excited to put these adorable hexie flowers to use on the front that were a gift from my wonderfully talented friend Svetlana of Sotak Handmade- aren't they perfectly cheerful here alongside this colourful zipper? I added a bit of hand stitching, too.



On the other side I did the slip pocket option using a fun camping print. As you can see, it is more than roomy enough for magazines, books or e-readers.



Inside, I decided to use some Little Folks laminated fabric, which will be perfect for soggy towels and bathing suits.  I was thinking I was pretty brilliant when I came up with this, I ain't gonna lie.  And as you can see, the three beach towels I have in here barely make a dent in all the space!
(a better photographer would of folded or rolled those towels neatly, 
but I just jammed them in there as I normally would on my way to the beach!)



All in all, I have to give this pattern two thumbs up. Now, just add SUMMER!!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOWSER! Now that's a beach bag! You could probably fit a tent in there too! It's fresh and crisp and gorgeous.

Shay said...

You could fit everything but the proverbial kitchen sink in there- perfect for a day at the beach.

I think your Summer cant be too far away –Im walking round with icicles hanging off my nose Down Under.

Kirsten said...

Fabulous bag - love how you have used those pretty hexies too. And such a great idea to use the laminate fabric for the inside!

Little Island Quilting said...

Nice. Very.

Svetlana said...

love how giant this bag is. Perfect for the beach for sure. Glad the hexies came in handy.