Saturday, January 15, 2011

Leibster Award and about being Stylish ;)


Have you seen this lovely award circulating around blogland? It is to recognize the awesome smaller blogs out in cyberspace with less than 300 followers. I have a wee blush on as Nikki from That Girl Who Quilts has just nominated me :-) Nikki is definitely in my tippity-top favorite blogs, and makes gorgeous things, a few of my faves being this Heather Ross camera case, this Modern Meadow quilt and my favorite ever Mendocino quilt. Go check her out (her blog that is....she is a MARRIED WOMAN!!).

The best part of the award is that the recipient gets to pay it forward, and choose a few more blogs to award it to! I have a whole bunch of blogs I love, and most of my faves are the smaller under 300 size, so it was tough to narrow it down! But here are a few that have not yet been nominated that I thought I would share with you!

1. Quiltilicious from Little Island Quilting is a great blog with equal doses of colorful quilts (like this and this) and cheeky British Humor ;) She is one of my very first and favorite blogging buddies...I still lovingly refer to her as "Number Six" as she was my sixth follower, after my dad, sister, a friend, and a couple very kind ladies from last spring's Blogger's Festival! She can even make UGLY fabric look good- go check out the beautiful string quilt she made out of some of her very cheesiest scraps (hee hee!).

2. In a different ocean, there lives my equally talented and humorous mate named Kelli from Kelli's Pieces. This girl cranks out quilt tops like nobody's business! But right now she is SUPPOSED to be working on a little something for me for Pay-it-Forward....go say hi and tell her to get busy!

3. Why doesn't everyone know about Handmade by Beth Gracie? She makes gorgeous quilts, many of which she donates to charity, and seems to have a passion for Anna Maria Horner that rivals mine. AND she actually has CUT her AMH fabric (unlike me who hoards it) to make beautiful quilts like this and this.

4. And I am crushing on just about anything that Izzy Inspired makes. Very, very talented!

As for the "stylish" bit.... back on Christmas Eve, Liz at Fast Daze very kindly gave me a Stylish Blogger's award.

Here are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their Blog Award!

So, here are 7 things about me:
1. I find it physically impossible to turn down a home-baked cookie. They call me Cookie Monster at work :-)
2. I have run 3 full marathons and 6 half marathons. True that! I still run a bit, but not enough to ward off the cookie-butt, apparently....
3. I wish I could sing...like REALLY sing. When I was a kid I dreamed of being a Minipop.
4. I have ridden a camel in Morocco.
5. I am a mom or a dentist for 95% of my day, but I don't really see myself as either....I love being both, but they don't define me and sometimes I feel like I am still playing make believe!
6. I don't treat all my kids the same. They are far too different for that to even be possible. I do try to be fair. I probably don't discipline them enough either! I would rather snuggle :-)
7. I have eight fingers on each hand, which helps me to sew at lightning speed. Kidding! Just checking to see who is still reading all this crap.

I am going to add these bloggers to the above 5 awesome blogs. While some are over 300 followers, I stuck mostly to the smaller blogs for this one, too (except for Noodlehead, which I l-o-v-e). In no particular order:
6. Chasing Cottons
7. Noodlehead
8. During Quiet Time
9. Stitched in Color
10. Don't Call me Betsy
11. From the Blue Chair
12. The Q and U
13. Me? A Mom?
14. Felicity Quilts
15. Stolen Moments

Just a small sample of the awesomeness out there in blogland! Go check out these ladies and drool! If you want to see more please check out some of the blogs listed on my sidebar or in my profile...there are lots to love!

3 comments:

Kati said...

Thanks so much for the award! I love your blog and your work.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awww, Kristie, thanks for sharing! It means a lot, coming from you :)

Riel Nason said...

Thanks for the shout out. We're having some -20 here too. Nice to stay in and sew.