Sunday, January 9, 2011

Oh yah! I made some ruffled scarves!

Almost forgot about these, in the midst of quilting lately. I wanted to make some thing cute and ruffle-y for a friend...we've felt ruffled together many-o-times, after all! She and I have 3 kids all roughly the same age. In fact, we got the timing down to a science and by the third set, they are only 4 days apart! We are now both basking in the glory of our youngest girls in preschool and have a couple hours of FREE TIME in the mornings a couple times per week. So, we decided to have brunch...I swear it was the longest uninterrupted conversation we have ever had!

Anyways, I had picked up some cute lime plaid at a local fabric shop awhile back. My now-preschool daughter, Last But Not Least, wanted in on the fun and was helping me sew!

I love her little orange nail polished fingers!
My original idea was to make a cowl (love those!), but with the ruffles, it looked more like the neck on a clown costume....

(photo courtesy of 3 year old LBNL, head cut off and all!)

So. I joined 2 together, and made a scarf instead! In fact, I made two...one to give and one to keep.


I love the little fringed selvage :-) Left it on as the ends.

A great way to jazz up jeans and a t-shirt :-)
I thought of doing a tutorial on this, but there are a million out there. If you want one, let me know!

6 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

I spy a Christmas tree. Don't you have Twelfth Night in your neck of the woods?!

mommy Orkid Belle said...

Yes, it is a really nice ruffled scarf. I have never made one, so I think I should try and make it. :) Thanks for sharing!

Adin B

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Beautiful! Yours is so cute. I have had a ruffled scarf tutorial bookmarked forever...have to get to it one of these days. :-)

Anonymous said...

Love it! And your quilt is looking really great, too. I totally know what you mean about basting. I hate it! I haven't tried the spray though. I've just been using pins. Maybe I'll try that next time.

Crystal said...

I love that scarf!! Perfect for the frozen northwest over here in Alberta :) I would love a tutorial - or a suggestion about where to look online. I just bought some plaid material last week at 70% off that would be perfect for this. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I love your blog!

Lauren Phelps said...

I love your scarf! It's tooo cute! I'd love a tutorial too!