Monday, January 31, 2011

On the needles....

Had my first knitting lesson with Michele last week. I think this may be the beginning of a new addiction.....

Learning about all sorts of new things like gauge, skeins, and all sorts of crazy-ass abbreviations ;) It's a whole new world! Gets me giddy.

Starting with a simple hat pattern for The Middle Child, using a cheap acrylic yarn picked up at Zellers last year. I'll never get through that huge ball!
Also went to a local wool shop and drooled much/bought little. Settled on this gorgeous wool/acrylic blend for my youngest, who of course wants a hat, too!
Isn't it pretty? I love chunky yarns, and who wouldn't wanna hang out with "a riot of colors"??

3 comments:

randi said...

oh fun! i like knitting too, but don't have lots of time to do it. kind of like sewing, i guess. :)

MariQuilts said...

I started knitting a few years back...totally addictive. I now own a book case of knitting books and the yarn...well lets not speak about the yarn. I hope you don't run into the same problem I did....I buy yarn like a quilter buys fabric....apparently that's not the way to do it. I have never been able to buy just enough of anything, for the project at hand. I have also been known to whine to the yarn shop owner that I need every single colour of a paricular yarn and why don't they have every colour in their shop? My fingers are starting to itch just talking about the knitting...but I am still more of a quilter.

Unknown said...

Youve gotten a lot done in a week! I knit too, but not often. I usually have a project in a bag ready for a long car ride, but i don't do much of it at home. I feel like i knit too slow, so i stick with sewing usually. :)