Monday, October 31, 2011

Lucky, lucky me :)

I just found out that LBNL's sweater is the lucky first place winner in the yarn category of Rachel's Celebrate Color contest over at Stitched in Color, with an amazing 245 votes. Can you see me through your computer screens doing the happy dance?? Yes, I know, awkward and dorky, but heartfelt ;) Thanks to all of you for your kind words and votes!

There were some seriously amazing prizes! Here is my loot:

Let me wipe the drool off of my chin as I introduce you to my new uber-cool knitting bag by Jordana Paige. I currently carry my knitting around in ziplocks, so to say this is a step up is an understatement. Made of gorgeous lapis blue vegan croc leather, it has a zillion well thought out compartments and pockets for all of my knitting necessities. Even some super cool loops to prevent your yarn from tangling! If you want to check out a raving review of this bag, look here. I am going to ROCK this purse....I think I need to find me some new matching shoes, eh? And I am pretty sure I will be using this bag to tote around some of Jordana's patterns....I want this and this for starters :)

Another great project for ze bag? What about this adorable hat by Tanis Fiber Arts?
It comes in 4 "seasons"- this is the winter pattern and colorway. This is well beyond my usual knitting skill level, so I am very excited to take on the challenge!

Last but not least....needles from Knit Picks! These were actually on my Christmas list, so I am soooo pumped to be getting these a little early!

A big thank you again to Rachel and to each of these amazing sponsors. I am thrilled!
{continues dorky dancing}

21 comments:

knottygnome said...

congrats! i voted for you. enjoy your new goodies.

Alli said...

Congratulations! That knitting bag does look awesome! :)

bethanndodd said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats on the win...that is some serious loot you received! Happy Monday! Smiles~Beth

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

corina said...

A well deserved win!

Annabella said...

Congrats on winning! That is a knitting bag??? Unbelievably beautiful and that lapis is to die for. Love the hat and would not be able to attempt it so I wish you luck!

Patti said...

Sooo happy for you! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation to you and LBNL. Truely a winning team.
Grandpa E

WandaFish said...

Congratulations! What fabulous prizes too - have fun :)

Lynne said...

Yay! Congratulations! How wonderful!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful sweater and beautifully photographed. Well deserved. Enjoy the goodies!

randi--i have to say said...

congrats to you! totally deserved, i must say!

Jules said...

congrats, i loved your sweater. looks like your daughter does too!. and those needles are awesome i have a set.

Poppyprint said...

Hey you knitwit, that is so awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Congratulations, I'm glad I voted for a winner. The bag is gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

Congrats!!

Lee said...

Nice prizes! Congrats! : )

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! That's some fantastic loot and a seriously swanky bag! Well deserved :-)

Shay said...

Oi! I dance like that and it is NOT dorky.

Congratulations on your fabulous win . Truly deserved and such wonderful goodies . I think the cardy model was what got you over the line, so you may have to share some of that with her!

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Kristie! Congratulations on a great win! Some seriously lovely goodies there! Sandy. :)

Little Blue Mouse said...

Well done, what a fantastic prize!