Saturday, October 15, 2011

Perfect fall sweater (for a perfect little girl)

I think about 2.3 seconds elapsed between when I cast off The Middle Child's sweater and when Last But Not Least started whining, "But where is miiiiiiine???" And as I worked on it over the past couple months, the kid was like a slave driver. "Aren't you done yet, Mommy?" "Knit faster!"

orange sweater joy 4

Anyways, I am so happy that I was able to crank it out in time for her to wear this fall....and to capture the gorgeous color of the yarn amongst the gorgeous colors of nature!

orange sweater joy 2

Knit it a couple sizes big....you can bet if I am going to knit it, I am going to make it big enough to last awhile!

orange sweater joy

Tested and approved for running and frolicking purposes.....

running girls!

Had fun walking through the park and snapping photos. The Middle Child was the "director" of the photo shoot and would swoop in after each shot to rearrange hair and offer suggestions to her sister about hand placement, etc. Suggestions were usually taken graciously. Ah, sisters!

sisters 2

sisters 1

More details on my Ravelry page here, for those who would like to know :)

orange sweater joy 3

Linking up at Rachel's Celebrate Color contest :)

29 comments:

Unknown said...

The sweater is gorgeous! And she is such a little cutie! I've got 2 girls here, so I know how those sisterly "suggestions" can go. =)

Kaelin said...

Your kiddos are so precious!

And the "tested for running and frolicking purposes" comment made me miss you already :) Wish we lived closer!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

Great sweater...and great photo shoot!

Amy Friend said...

Just a beautiful sweater! I'd like one in my size...I must get better at knitting one of these days!

corina said...

Love the sweater. You take great photos. I guess it doesn't hurt to have great subjects!

Cherie said...

Everything is so cute...the sweater, the girls! And the leaves make me miss fall so much (we only have two seasons here...hot and hotter).

Natalie said...

LOVE these photos! They capture everything great about fall-- especially the handknit sweater! It looks amazing, and I love the color. Your kids are too cute!

Little Island Quilting said...

gorgeous colour but till not tempted ;-)

Little Island Quilting said...

or even 'Still not tempted' !

Rachel said...

Oh Kristie, it's beautiful! The colour is just perfect. It's sure to become a favourite item of clothing!

(And the pictures of the two girls together are so cute)

bethanndodd said...

Swoon...I want one! Lucky little girls!
Smiles~Beth

Shay said...

It looks gorgeous (especially with that cute little dress!)

Keep knitting...you're obviously a whizz at that too!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing Kristie - I love the colour!

Katie B said...

Such a great sweater! And your daughters are just precious.

JuneBug said...

It's lovely! You should enter it in the Stitched in Color Contest (Celebrate Color - stitchedincolor.com)!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Gorgeous sweater! I love the color and it suits the pattern perfectly. Your daughters are really cute and I love how one was directing the photo shoot.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Great cardi, and great photos!

Tanya said...

What a fabulous colour you chose!

Tawny said...

Terrific job! I love the colour. My fave. It looks so awesome against the fall leaves and on the cute model of course!

Michelle said...

That looks so warm and snuggly. Makes me want to knit a sweater!

felicity said...

Adorable model and a gorgeous sweater. Good call on the size up.

Shari said...

Visiting from Diary of a Quilter because I loved your blog name. :) This is a beautiful sweater and beautiful girls. I'm also a mom to 3.

Providence Handmade said...

Gorgeous sweater and what a perfect color, too!! It's been in my Ravelry queue forever....you've given me a kick in the pants to get one started!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater for a cute little girl!

Lynne said...

The cardigan is gorgeous. DD (who is the mother of two small boys) and I laughed at the comments about the "director" and the subject! How cute!!

Kelli said...

Lovely...both the sweater and that sweet model! Great job. I want one in my size! ;)

Anonymous said...

very nice :) i did something similar for last months Celebrate Colour the Cassia Tunic

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

Gosh, it's beautiful! What a great color. What pretty girls =)

*kate said...

I absolutely love this color! May I please take the opportunity to whine and ask you where mine is? :-)

It's a pretty good idea to make sizes that are too big. I'm going to take that bit of wisdom and use it next time I make something for the lovely Rosemary.