Friday, September 9, 2011

Pimp my pup!

So, my sister and her husband were feeling blue after the loss of their dog, Boomer, last spring. We all loved Boom and they were lonely without him. They decided to get a new puppy- enter Jasper! What a cutie:

They were in a baseball tournament a couple weekend ago, and my bro-in-law rang me up to ask if I could make a little something for Jasper to wear so he could be a bit of a mascot for the team. Pimp your pup? Well, sure!

Enter SuperJaz. His orange cape matches the team's uniform color, and a baseball with the team name: the Vlaminators (a play on their last name- don't they sound intimidating?).

My husband did a lot of eye rolling. "You are spending Friday night doing hand stitching for a DOG cape?" Perhaps the eye rolling was warranted....

I added some straps with velcro to go under his belly to help hold it in place....

....and a Super{cute}Puppy is born!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely super cute!

Kristy said...

That is crazy adorable!!! What a sweet, sweet pup!

Dana Gaffney said...

He is adorable and so is his super cape. I love it!

Kaelin said...

SO PRECIOUS!!! His wee little puppy beard is almost more cuteness than I can stand!

Your hubby sounds exactly like mine, so I did a test to be certain. I turned the computer screen to show him the dog cape, and he immediately rolled his eyes and said "we're NOT making one of those for Whiskers". So it looks like our hubbies are twins too ;)

corina said...

Way too cute! Looks like the little guy won't be getting spoiled at all.

Little Blue Mouse said...

Aw, he looks so sweet!

What's he got on his ears?

Go-Go Kim said...

I HAVE to send this to my mom and sister they both have mini schnauzers ( God Bless you!) That is so cute!!!!

Shay said...

Totally NOT a waste of time. He looks like Super Dog. (and I bet all that effort made the team play better too with such a cute mascot!)

Stephanie said...

That is so adorable!!

April said...

so adorable! This made me happy! I love miniature schnauzers!

Natalie said...

Kristie, I love this so much! My dog served as the mascot for our kickball team, but I never thought to make him an outfit, much less a cape! Amazing! Also, Jasper is ridiculously adorable- I want one just like him :)