Thursday, September 22, 2011

sewing with kids

When I visited Toronto in June, "Aunty Sam" sent me home with a suitcase full of birthday and "un-birthday" goodies for the kiddos. When The Middle Child turned 6, we had a kind of Christmas in July gift opening extravaganza!

Among a million great items, one of my favorite things was this "tea for two" set for Last But Not Least, which included 2 wooden tea cups with saucers, spoons, tea bags and lumps of sugar. Aunty Sam added some homemade felt cupcakes and sugar cookies with sprinkles, and some adorable cupcake napkins. Too cute! LBNL insisted this come in the van with us on our road trip, where she would pull it out periodically to have a tea party with her kitties :)

Another fabulous gift was sewing kits for both of my girls. Not that I want to mold my kids into mini-me or anything, but if they learn to love to sew, I would be SO PLEASED.
Aunty Sam even made The Middle Child a tote that read "J-'s Sewing Bag".
Of course these needed to come out of the box right away. The Middle Child, who I love dearly but usually has zero attention span, sat down and did the entire contents of this bag in ONE sitting!


LBNL was in there like a dirty shirt, and did her very first hand sewing {mama glows!}.



Thanks, Aunty Sam, for spoiling the kiddos yet again!

10 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

the last picture of your girl with her project is just so cute! she looks seriously pleased with herself. :)

have fun with your new little sew-ers!

Megan said...

So STINKIN' cute! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the little one in princess dress up sewing so intently. :) What a great shot!

Katie B said...

Is it weird that I kind of want the Learning to Sew kit for myself? Your kids are adorable, and I love the looks of concentration! I bet this kept them quiet for a few minutes.

Heather D. said...

That's very sweet. I remember as a child doing "sewing" at my grandma's house, with little cards that had different shapes punched in them, using a huge darning needle and yarn. I don't know how many times my poor Grandma had to untangle our messes. :) Thanks for bringing back those memories!

Heather

Poppyprint said...

Oh my gosh. Maybe I would get way more sewing done if I'd ditch the sweats and put a princess dress on instead! That's some very impressive gift giving and receiving. Way to go girls!!!! I love those kid projects.

Shay said...

OK your kids are officially the cutest kids in the Northern Hemisphere.

How much fun are they having with all of that crafty goodness! Aunty Sam is a legend.

Anonymous said...

You could just eat them up they are all so cute!!
They will now all be crafters :)

Lynne said...

Looks like they had great fun giving it a go!

The Little Shop of Stitches said...

Seriously...beyond cute! Love it!