Saturday, September 17, 2011

Quilting WIPs


Phew! That was a week I am happy to leave behind. Sometimes life bites you in the arse, eh? Anyways. Enough about that. Let's talk quilting!

Since I gave you a knitting project update the other day, I thought I would also give you a peek at some of my quilting WIPs (happy, Alison?). I appear to be suffering from a bit of quilting attention deficit disorder these days, with several projects on the go and lots of hacking and slashing going on.

First up- I cut up this pile that I had shown you earlier....

And put it back together like this:

I used this pattern from Four Wise Monkeys on Sew Mama Sew, which of course seemed a perfect use for my Children at Play fabric. I've decided not to stop here, though- I plan to do some calculations to add some borders to convert this from a lap quilt to a double bed size. Back to that later!

Also- am feeling a little Christmas-y....

And have also used my Go! Baby to make use of my Bonnie and Camille Ruby layer cake. I may have utilized a bit of slave labour for that one ;)


Off I go to stitch these back together again!

9 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

Excellent - glad to see normal service has been resumed. I was getting worried at one point and was thinking of hitting the 'unsubscribe to this blog that is not longer talking quilty stuff' button.

randi--i have to say said...

happy to see you saying goodbye too stress! i have to make a point of doing that quite often too.

I really like your quilt top. the design is great and the fabrics, i love them! :)

Shay said...

Nice to see you make your kids earn their keep and thank goodness you broke out the fabric. I really was starting to wonder whether the yarn gremlins had spirited the real Kristie away.

Hope next week is a better one. meantime - Margaritas!

felicity said...

Fun!! i'm glad you and Stress took a break. You can do so much better!

bethanndodd said...

I heart those windmills!! Hope stress stays away for awhile ;)
Smiles~Beth

Katie B said...

Sayonara, stress! I'm loving your Children At Play quilt so far! And I'm thinking Christmas too...I'm sending Christmas fabric to my bee next month.

Lynne said...

I loved the "poster" at the top of the page! I chuckled and WM raised his eyebrows (he's putting a new cover on the ironing board).
Glad your bad week is behind you and quilting is bringing you pleasure!

Kate S. said...

Glad you survived your stressful week... I LOVE your children at play windmills quilt top, how adorable!! I have been eyeing this fabric, this makes me really want to pick some up :)

Go-Go Kim said...

I would be lost without my slave labor,LOL! Love the quilt top and cannot wait to see the Go! Baby one!!!. I think my slave labor has a crush on your slave labor...he said...Wait Mom, go back up...to see your cutie ;o)