Friday, January 14, 2011

Precious Motherhood Moment

One of those moments you don't want to forget.... {that make up for all the rest!}

I tucked Big G in last night, under his new quilt (hockey side up, as predicted). In one corner is a hand written label that I had applied, with some words of love for my boy.
He asked, "Which corner has the label? I want to sleep with my cheek against it."

AND

As I was leaving and turning out the light,
"Can I sleep with the light on so I can look at my quilt some more?"

*sigh*
My heart is full to the brim.

10 comments:

*kate said...

That's pretty precious! It's also a great quilt - great job!

Kelly O. said...

oh! that's the GREATEST feeling!
love it!
I made a bunny for my daughter 3 years ago and she sleeps with it every night :)

Amy Friend said...

It's so nice that he is so appreciative!

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awwww, so sweet!!!! Isn't that the best? :)

felicity said...

*shakes fist* Darn you for making my cry in my office!!!

What a lovely, sweet moment. (Remember it for the next time he busts out "you're not the boss of me!")

Debbie said...

awwwww

Liz said...

So precious! And my son liked to sleep with the backing side up too, just to look at the robots.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Write it down and take a pic of him with the quilt so you have it forever.

MariQuilts said...

It's this post that's going to make me push the follow button....I love when the quilts are loved. Awesome quilt by the way.

Crystal said...

The quilt is absolutely gorgeous, Kristie! I love the stories that go with its creation and that your little guy loves it too. I am in love with quilting these days and you are keeping that love strong :) Have a good weekend - hope the snow's not too deep in your part of the country!