Wednesday, October 31, 2012

a costume and a winner

Happy Halloween!  So this year, I did something I swore I would never do.  I sewed a Halloween costume.   I always thought that the time and effort to make a costume for one day of the year was not worth it, and would send my kids to the dress up box on Halloween to find something that fit over their snowsuits and call it a day.  And they never seemed to mind.   But this year, my 8 year old son had it in his head that he wanted to be a puffle, and only a puffle would do.

A what?!?!?  For those of you unfamiliar with puffles, they are the wee colorful and fuzzy pets in the Disney online game Club Penguin, and look something like this:



Big G wanted to be a red puffle, so I got some fun fur and some red hairspray and we have this:




Mission accomplished!  Happy kid, happy mom.  The Middle Child chose her Minnie Mouse cosutme from her last dance recital, and Last But Not Least....a princess.  Again.




Now, onto the winner for the Ghastiles fabric bundle from Alice at alidiza.  I took out a couple entries that were duplicated to bring the total to 46 the winner is:


And that is Tawny! Tawny happens to be a fellow Winnipegger (who I have yet to meet in person!) and has a great blog here.

I will get your mailing info and pass it on to Alice.

Have a great Halloween!

10 comments:

Ellie Q said...

Very cute! I try to avoid making costumes as much as possible! :)

Tracey Jacobsen said...

your kids are too cute! Seriously good looking little critters. :)

Heather D. said...

Big puffle fans here! Such a cute costume.

Tawny said...

Yay for me winning! But double yay for you sewing a costume - and a super cute costume at that! Awesome!

Katie B said...

Do you have red fur all over your house??? Very fun.

Svetlana said...

oh, how sweet!!!

bethanndodd said...

As Moms I think we all do things we said we wouldn't...at least costumes don't involve an apology to strangers later ;) It turned out great! Hope your little ones filled up their bags with lots of goodies. Smiles~Beth
Oh, where was I when you had this awesome giveaway? Geez, I am such a blog slacker lately ;)

Shay said...

Congratulations Alice!

Never made a costume in my life...and I don't feel like Ive missed anything. However Mr. Puffle and the girls all look brilliant. Go you!

estetik said...

I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you estetik

carisnell said...

I've been SEARCHING endlessly for a puffle costume and came upon your blog. My 8 year old is determined to be a puffle this year and I don't sew nor can I find any online or in stores!Curious, do you still have this costume and would you be willing to sell it and mail out? I live in BC. Crossing my fingers!!!