Thursday, October 11, 2012

because I was in a bad mood.

I had a bad day today.  Not exceptionally bad or anything, in the grand scheme of life, but enough to make me cranky.  And you wouldn't like me when I'm cranky...(as she turns green...Hulk reference).

I blame it on work.  It was a bloody, messy day.  Okay, I am a dentist so "bloody" isn't anything to get alarmed about.  But it was bloodier than necessary, in my opinion, and I just didn't like it.  On the plus side, it was a half day, so I got to go home at lunch time to sulk and eat sugary things to console myself.

I had a good shower to wash off said blood (ha ha, kidding...sort of) and dressed in jeans and a t-shirt.  But I felt like I wanted to be prettier.

If some Little Folks voile can't cheer a girl up, what can?

I grabbed a couple strips that I had in my stash and got to work.  Within a half hour, I had made this infinity scarf.  Seriously, instant gratification.  If you look you can see that my hair is still wet from the shower!  It was that fast.


Feeling much better.  Thanks, Anna Maria, for never failing to bring a smile to my face!  I owe you one.

16 comments:

Heather D. said...

May tomorrow be better!!

The scarf is lovely.

Unknown said...

Isn't instant gratification marvellous for that kind of stuff. Looks great!
x

Svetlana said...

Kristie, the scarf looks fantastic!!! I'll remember what to try next time everything goes wrong and I need some quick pick-me-up.

Shay said...

I love it...makes me want to run out and buy some voile.

If I made a scarf everytime I had a crap day at work I'd have a million of them !

Poppyprint said...

I'm so sorry about your day. Euw! I agree, I've got an AMH voile scarf and it feel so luxurious, you can't help but smile at the little party going on around your neck while wearing it! (as a matter of fact, I need to repossess my scarf from my daughter!).

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Fab, the scarf, not the working day so much x

Annabella said...

A dentist talking about a bloody day is slightly scary ;-) Lovely scarf and hope tomorrow is better.

Amy Friend said...

It's a beautiful pick me up! I hope tomorrow is better.

AnneMarie said...

Maybe I'll try an infinity scarf the next time I've had a bad day.... sounds like less calories than that chocolate bar....

Lynne said...

Pretty! I hope tomorrow is better!

Emily said...

That's it, AMH needs an official fan club. Cheering up sad quilters is her official job. I always turn to my fav AMH prints to cheer me up! I'm glad your day is looking brighter with that lovely scarf! :)

Katie B said...

If AMH voile doesn't cheer you up, nothing will!

bethanndodd said...

Bad days simply suck! Happy to hear you were able to put a smile on your face before the day was over. Wishing you a less bloody weekend! Smiles-Beth

Tracey Jacobsen said...

"I owe you one" -- love that!
pretty scarf.

Little Blue Mouse said...

and breathe......

Jacey said...

Oh, it's awesome! Yes, an instant gratification crafty session makes a bad day fade away. At least a little.