Tuesday, October 16, 2012

the latest.

Working on some odds and ends.   Plus trying to get a jump start on some "Christmas Crafting" so it may be a wee bit quiet around here!

I made these seedling blocks for Tracey, who is putting a quilt together for a friend diagnosed with cancer.  I am sure a quilt full of these cheerful blocks will soothe her.


And been knitting away!  A sneak peak of a gift...used a cool new "cross stitch" for this one, and some lovely Malabrigo yarn.  So colourful an soft!



I am doing a little swap with my friend Svetlana.  My couch has been wanting some pillows for ages, but I never get around to it, and she makes such lovely ones, so I hit her up to make me one in exchange for a knit cowl.  Almost done...here is a sneak peak of that as well!


Aren't I mysterious?  Hope to have more to show you, sooner or later!

Have a great day!
Kristie

9 comments:

Shay said...

Looking very busy and secretive over there ma'am!

It all looks wonderful. Especially those quilt blocks.

Toni said...

All your projects look great! The cross stitch knitting looks interesting. Can't wait to see the pillows you get from Svetlana. She makes such fun stuff!

Lisa D. said...

Is that pattern for the cowl (your last picture) available to purchase or is it your own design? I love the stitch!

Lynne said...

The knitting is lovely - I know the items are a secret but can you point me in the direction of the original pattern of the crossed stitches, I want to see how it's done! Thanks!

Poppyprint said...

Love the swapping (as you know!). Looking forward to sewing with you in like THREE WEEKS!!!!!

Svetlana said...

such wonderful projects, Kristie. I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on that beautiful cowl.

Sasha said...

I love that color of Malabrigo!!! It's really really pretty! Is that a Honey Cowl I spy? =D

Jacey said...

Ooh, lots of lovelies! That stitch looks great with the variegated Malabrigo!

Lily said...

Catching up on your posts! Always love your yarn craft, and I love the color off that cowl!