Tuesday, November 27, 2012

a scrappy souvenir

While away at retreat earlier this month, I had a chance to meet the fabulous quilting Krista.  She put together a couple bags while there, and when I complimented her fabric choices, she generously shovelled her scraps over to my work table.  They came home with me as I contemplated the perfect project.  I pulled a couple complimentary fabrics from my stash and decided on this:


Our camera is reasonably new, and my biggest pet peeve (or my husband's, I should say), is that I am constantly misplacing the lens cap cover.  I used this tutorial from LBG Studio, which conveniently includes a little pocket for the cap on the side.  Perfect!  I modified the design somewhat and quilted it, as I love that look, and am so pleased with the outcome.  It feels so comfy on the neck, and it is gender neutral enough that the Hubs is happy to wear it.



Thanks, Krista, for the lovely scraps!  I will think of you every time I am clicking away :)

Sharing over at Fabric Tuesday.

7 comments:

Marla said...

What a great little project. Those are some nice scraps. Sounds like you need to "scrap it forward"

Poppyprint said...

awesome scrappy project!!

Little Island Quilting said...

And guess what I to from Quilting Krista in the mail today?!

Svetlana said...

lovely, Kristie. A camera strap has been on my to do list for more than a year now. Maybe one of these days I'll just sit and whip one up, yours looks wonderful, and love that handy little pocket!

Shay said...

Love it..I should probably sit down and make one of these too!

Lynne said...

Some where to put the lens cap -- what a simple but great idea! Yours looks good!

Kelsey said...

Ooo I love that! I've been meaning to make a strap for the longest time but never seem to get around to it. For our lens cap, I bought an 'Optex Keep Cap B120' from Blacks for $5 and it has been a total lifesaver!