Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Awesome swaps, take 2

In addition to some fantastic pillows, I also received a second fun swap package last week, from Cherie of Sew and So Quilts.  Cherie and I met at Sewing Summit last year, and have been friends ever since.  She found some adorable slippers on Pinterest and wondered if I could make her a pair.  I did a test knit, making some for myself to figure out the process first, then made some for Cherie.  I sent them off along with some assorted goodies, many the same as in Svetlana's package (and never thought to take a photo first, oops!).   In exchange, she agreed to make me this wonderful holiday mini:

(I was too excited to iron this first, haha!)


I just love it!  I have had this pattern (from Purl Bee) on my to-do list for ages!  I love that it was instead made by a friend, so that I can smile and think of her each Christmas when I hang it on my wall :)


She did a fantastic job, I  adore all of the fabrics she chose, the quilting, the binding and backing...the whole shebang!  Now I just have to pick up a dowel so I can hang it on my wall this holiday season, and for many more to come.  Thanks so much for a great swap, Cherie!

8 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Sweet mini quilt indeed.

katie@stvital said...

I am going to have to make some crafty friends! I love that Wall hanging! (I made a pillow version)

Carla said...

It's gorgeous ; )

Katie B said...

You and Cherie, quite the dynamic duo!

Ellie Q said...

Love it! Whose pattern is it?

Lynne said...

Sounds like a good deal to me. It's lovely!

rstogether said...

The quilt is glorious, and I'm sure your slippers were too!

J-Money said...

I don't know how you would feel about it, but I love putting stuff like that on branches found out it the yard.

I also wanted to let you know that you have inspired me. I have started knitting. It is so much easier for me than crocheting. I haven't attempted anything fancy. I am sticking to scarves until after the holidays. Everything that you make is so beautiful and professional looking.