Friday, November 16, 2012

Loon Lake Retreat Part 2: the stuff I made

I am linking up with Sew Modern Monday and with my buddy Felicity with Friday Felicities.  My felicity is PRODUCTIVITY.

Shame on you non-believers who thought I had a too-ambitious list for a weekend of sewing on retreat...just so you know, I kicked some quilting ass!

Huge quilty bag- DONE! You could hide a body in this thing.



Seven (count 'em people, SEVEN) little house purses- DONE!  Made a little village out of them, no two are the same :)  In case you missed the original post on these, they are from this pattern.  They knock me out with cuteness, they really do.




Three quilt tops.  You got it!

First up was from a quilt kit I purchased from another favourite friend, Amy from Diary of a Quilter...um, two years ago?  Time flies!  Anyway, had started it last year, so finished the top on retreat.


Next up, my Linky Love quilt top, pattern by Traceyjay Quilts.  This is a fabulous pattern, but a thinker!  Had to work on this early in the day before I had had too much wine :)  Turns out I left a few missing pieces at home, but I still declare this (mostly) finished!


Thirdly, I started on a quilt top for a Christmas present, using a jelly roll given to me by Alison some time ago.  Not my normal style of fabric, but some nice warm colors well suited for the recipient, and I thought once it was sliced and diced I would like it better.


Nope, turns out ugly fabric is just ugly, any way you slice it!  I loved the pattern and still plan to quilt it up, will see how the finished project feels.

So, all in all, a very productive weekend.  Only 359 sleeps until next year!

19 comments:

Future Quilter said...

Hi Kristie! Productive indeed! Did you post the pattern for the quilty bag? Might be a great holiday project for me. Thanks.

Marla said...

Seriously productive. Love the village.

Little Island Quilting said...

Now I know why I gave the jelly roll away ;-)

Amy Friend said...

Wow you got a ton done! I think those houses are sooo adorable! Were you making them for Christmas gifts?

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Excellent, until the eek! at the end!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

you weren't kidding when you said you were productive! wow!

Kelly O. said...

really? you don't like that fabric? I always prefer the more traditional fabric for fall quilts--it reminds me of a great sheet that amanda drietz is selling on etsy--it would make a fabulous backing!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/95267628/vintage-flat-sheet-retro-fall-flowers?ga_search_query=sheet

good luck!

felicity said...

You were incredibly productive! And very judicious with the scheduling of your more intricate work. Well done!

Katie B said...

Seriously, woman! That is quite impressive!

Jo Ann said...

Good job you quilting rockstar!

What Comes Next? said...

all those non believers should be hiding their heads in shame. You rocked it!

Toni said...

Impressive, indeed! And that picture of your beautiful bodybag with the lake in the background has to be one of the best project shots I've seen!

Michele said...

Wow. You sure were very busy and got a ton done even with all the wine and fun.

Lynne said...

Wow! All that in one retreat? Amazing! I particular love the Linky pattern.

Shay said...

All those little house look SO cute set out like that . Just like a village of gorgeous-ness!

I cannot believe how much you got done in between emptying all those booze bottles. Girl - you are my hero!

SIMPLESEW said...

The House are to fun.. my granddaughters will be ready for them next year,, Gotta put them on my bucket list..hopping over from CC, lovely Quilts

Jacey said...

I love that new bag of yours!! And holy productivity, batman!

Kerstin said...

Did you get any sleep at all or did you just power through at the machine? Holy smokes, you got a lot done, and so many nice projects!

Little Blue Mouse said...

So you weren't just playing around then! ;)
I'm very impressed with your productivity.