Tuesday, November 13, 2012

so this chick walks into a quilt retreat...

So this Chick walks into a quilt retreat, and the Girls are all like, "Chick, where did you get that rocking bag?" and the Chick is, like, "Girls, I made it." And the Girls are like, " No way!' and the Chick says, "Way!"  They were impressed by her mad style, righteous color choices and the ever so snazzy silver pleather handle and bottom.


And then of course they rejoiced once aware of the copious amounts of fabric and yarn the bag could hold!


Next,  there may have been some merry hoopla and fist pumping and maybe even some chicken dancing, but who could say for sure, because it was a QUILT RETREAT after all, and so of course there was a lot of alcohol involved.



True story.  {I think}

More tall tales of quilt retreat adventures to follow, stay tuned, you aren't gonna want to miss these ;)

17 comments:

Lynne said...

Sounds like somebody's bag was a hit and the retreat was a great success!

Poppyprint said...

It was a fabulous weekend. Drinking wine in flannel pj's added bonus, but having you there was the BEST part. And that is a rocking bag!!

kat129 said...

One of the best blog posts I have ever read... hands down. Love that bag and glad the retreat was a blast!
cheers
-kim

Holly said...

Love the bag! Love the fact that you came out to BC for a quilt retreat! Love the picture in my head of quilters doing the chicken dance!

Little Island Quilting said...

I'm waiting on the edge of my seat, legs akimbo waiting to hear more:-)

Krista Withers said...

Ok now let's just be honest here. It's not like the bag was Exactly DONE when you arrived....um if I remember correctly it was thrown at a wall followed by a full blown toddler temper tantrum. And the said chicken dance is probably better left unspoken about.

felicity said...

That's definitely one sweeeet mutha of a bag, lady. I ditto Krista - having you there was indeed the best part. AND having extra K3.5 time on the drive there and back was very special too.

Svetlana said...

oh, how fun!!!! The bag looks totally AMAZING!!! Can't wait to hear more about the retreat, love those PJ pants, BTW.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Judging by the bag and the scenery, I'd say it was a great reteat. Oh, and the alcohol consumed makes it extra special.

Katie B said...

It sounds really awesome!

rstogether said...

I had no idea there was chicken dancing. I must have been in a wine induced coma. Thanks for your help to this 'knit-wit', it was great to meet you.

What Comes Next? said...

what a hoot! I have to say I'm glad I missed the chicken dancing (that and the gymnastics!) but I definitely enjoyed the wine and being a table mate!

Michele said...

Oh I can't wait for the next installment.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

can't wait to hear more!

Rori said...

The scenery for the retreat is gorgeous! The wine, bag and friends would be an added bonus! Can I be your friend? :)!

AnneMarie said...

Dude... I LOVE your narrative! Or should I say Chick! Can't wait to hear of the tomfoolery...

Shay said...

I see all those bottles are EMPTY. Empty bottles always make for the best times. Cant wait to see what happened next!