Saturday, November 17, 2012

look who came to visit!

Thursday night, to my surprise and delight, I had a special visitor.  Edward!  And I thought I would have to wait until Friday night at the movie theatre to see him again!

We had a nice chat about the world, the quilts he had seen in him many years on earth, and a bit about that Trampire Kristen Stewart.   Then he set about to make me dinner.  He made a lovely pasta with garlic sauce.  Garlic and vampires, you say?  Don't worry, I brushed my teeth thoroughly before we made out.


Then he got right to work doing the dishes.  "Let me help," I exclaimed, but he insisted I sit and relax.  "You give me everything just by breathing," he said.  So I put my feet up and let him go about his work.


After dinner, it was the Twilight hour, so we took a romantic walk in the park.  I know, as a vampire, he doesn't get cold, but I still offered him my latest cowl, the Big Herringbone Cowl by Purl Bee, knit in Madelinetosh chunky wool in Cove.  He loved the intricate herringbone pattern and said the soft texture of the wool was even soft to his stony skin.



All too soon he had to go.  But luckily, I had a date already planned with him for Friday night.  It is a tradition for the girls at work to go and see each instalment of the Twilight movie on opening night. It did not disappoint!  Loved it, though sad for it coming to an end.

On the way home, I spied someone peering at me through the window of my office.....

(Gotta love the sense of humor of my staff :)

Are you a Twihard?  Did you see the movie??  What did you think?  Discuss.

p.s.  as someone will invariably ask....yes, I do own a life-sized cardboard Edward.  I bought it in a small town in Minnesota several years ago, and it was worth every penny.  It led to an interesting encounter with the Canada/USA border control on our return....

"What did you buy from the USA to bring back into Canada?"  
" A 2-4 of beer, and a life sized Edward."  
"A whaaat?"  
They then proceeded to search our vehicle.  :P

18 comments:

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I'd bin him - he doesn't look impressed enough with that cowl!!!

Jessica said...

Great post! :D I love the cowl, too!

liniecat said...

Brilliant!!! I could live with that cut out too lolol

Kirsten said...

Your cowl is beautiful! And I saw the movie on Friday with my teenage daughter - that has been a bit of a yearly tradition for us as each new Twilight film is released. All I can say is that if you have read the books, the ending is a bit different!

Tiara said...

I love your blog! You are so very much fun. I wish I lived in Canada then I could come work for you

Katy Cameron said...

ROFL, I love the Canadian border guards :oD I spent a year living as a high school exchange student in Saskatchewan on the border with North Dakota, and the first time I went across was the first time the guards in either direction had seen a British passport (bless, it was the mid-90s, they didn't get out much ;o) )

Katie B said...

I love the mental image of a guard searching through those things. I'm sure he thought you were a shady character.

But Kristie. I'm afraid this is where we diverge. It would seem we have many things in common, but this critical issue is not one of them. You see, I have a seething hatred for all things Twilight. I hope we can get past this and continue to be friends.

Katie B said...

I will say I hate Edward slightly less when wearing your cowl.

Tracey Jacobsen said...

:-D
you crack me up! wow...

(and yea -- the knitting is gorgeous!)
I haven't drug (dragged?) Jay to see it yet.

Michele said...

Chuckle, chuckle!

kat129 said...

Amazing! How did you steal him? I wanted to steal a life size james bond but my friends would not partake.

Unknown said...

You had me at Trampire! Too funny!

Jacey said...

It was really nice of Edward to do some of your housework before he left. Your new cowl looks fabulous!

Emily said...

haha! that's great! :) Glad Edward is taking good care of you!

rstogether said...

Hilarious!

Sasha said...

Too funny!!! This post made me laugh out loud!!!! Your cowl is GORGEOUS!!!

Susanne said...

That's hilarious!!!!!

AnneMarie said...

Hilarious! My friend also has this cutout. Edward made an appearance at her 30th birthday party. I love the photo of him by the sink with the dish towel.

Oh yeah, and your cowl's nice too... :)