Wednesday, November 7, 2012

retreat prep :)

On a very happy note, I will soon be escaping for a weekend for my FIRST EVER quilting retreat!  And I am going big...flying out to Vancouver to hook up with my fabulous and talented friends Krista of Poppyprint and Felicity of Felicity Quilts to spend 3 blissful days holed up in a lodge on a lake in the mountains, eating food I don't have to cook and sewing 24/7 if I darn well feel like it.  That ought to satisfy the sewing itch a bit!  And apparently there is even a fireplace where I can curl up and do some knitting.  I may just miss my flight home.... ;)

I have an absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic list of projects that I have packed and am planning to complete.  I have been spending much of the last week or so pre-cutting fabrics so that I can just get down to business!  I did a "test" make of one of the projects I will be working on, and it is pretty darn cute:


And this sweet little purse opens up to this:



This is from the Storybrook Lane pattern booklet and panel by Ever Kelly (bought here).  It also comes with a bunch of cute finger puppets of stuffed dolls that can be used to play in the house.  I had so much fun making this and picking the coordinating fabrics to go with the panel pieces. I love the library book prints from Victoria and Albert with this! I plan to produce 7 more of these puppies sweat-shop style on the weekend for basically all the little girls on my Christmas list.  That along with 4 quilt tops.  And don't forget the 3 knitting projects.  Hmmm.....can you tell I have a bit of pent up crafty energy?  Wish me luck!







17 comments:

Little Island Quilting said...

Oooh, lucky lucky you. Enjoy!

Katie B said...

I just died of jealousy.

Future Quilter said...

Sounds like heaven! Enjoy! I will be doing some fabric shopping of my own in the US of A. Family weekend in F!

Marla said...

That house purse is so adorable. I wish I was 8 years old again so I could play with it. Have fun on your retreat.

Krista said...

You will love it!!! I went last year and had so much fun. It's amazing how much you can get done too.

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop said...

That is the cutest bag!
Carol

felicity said...

Completely adorable house! Will it fit Barbies? Because my newly-besotted G is alllll about the Barbies right now.

I have a ridonkulously long list of projects for the retreat, but I love me some variety. I like the idea of precutting. May do some of that tonight.

Shay said...

If anyone can get that much stuff done Im sure it's you!

Your house is gorgeous. Perfect for a pack and go toy.

You have fun . Cant wait to see the results of a weekend of sewing (and many margaritas I suspect !)

Tiara said...

That is so stinking adorable

alidiza said...

Your house is adorable!!! Have a wonderful time at retreat. I never get as much done as I think I will but I have so much fun I don't care:-)

Svetlana said...

wow!!!! your retreat sounds totally heavenly! And the little purse house is beyond adorable, good luck with all those projects!

Holly said...

I heard that you were coming out for the retreat and was so happy to hear you'll be meeting some of us BC quilters! Have a wonderful time with Krista and Felicity and Berene and the gang! Wish I could meet you while you're out in BC, but I gather you'll be whisked off to the retreat asap. Enjoy!

Wendy said...

this is lovely, what a great idea! I'm so jealous of your retreat!

Jacey said...

Sounds perfect! It's so fun to whisk away with some crafty peeps! You are overly ambitious with you list, just like me. But you'll have lots to choose from! Have fun!!

katie@stvital said...

I just discovered your blog from Felicity's blog. She mentioned you are a Winnipeger. I am too, I just joined your blog. I have one as well, much smaller than yours. Have a great time sewing!

Little Blue Mouse said...

Have a great weekend! I hope you get as much made as you hope.

Katy said...

Ohmygoodness... I am almost done making my first house and it is FRYING MY BRAIN!!! I feel like I cannot think straight. :) I can't wait to be finished with the first one. I have 9 more cut and ready to be assembled. :) ahhhhhh