Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Drunkard's path QAL: blocks!


Finally came to a decision on my block, but I spent a RIDICULOUS number of hours playing with the pieces on the kitchen floor before finally just starting sewing. I polled my husband and kids for their opinions, and finally chose the one my dog lay to take a nap on. Are you curious what I chose? Well, I'm not telling yet!


If you are still debating which block arrangement to choose, I found this site that showed full quilts in different layouts- much easier to visualize than just looking at blocks!

So now it is time to start assembling those blocks! Next stop: finished quilt top!

Kate and I have decided to extend the deadline a bit- mostly because we are both swamped for time at the moment! We can't be the only ones, right? So we will meet back for a link up on Monday November 28. you can link up all week long, until names are drawn on Monday December 5 for prizes from our awesome sponsors, Fresh-Squeezed Fabrics and The Fabric Shoppe. So there is still time to jump in, if you'd like!

See you on November 28!

5 comments:

bethanndodd said...

More time is always great (no, you are not the only one!). I am planning on sending my quilt out for quilting, do we just need to have the top finished or does it need to be complete the week of the 28th? Smiles~Beth

Alli said...

That site with the layouts is awesome! Thanks for the link! :)

Michele said...

I need to hop over and check out that link but I do know that I'm not one for curves (they don't like me and so I don't like them) but I do love to see what others can do with them.

Kate S. said...

Oo, fun site, thanks for sharing Kristie!

Lily said...

Hey Kristie, just posted a couple photos on the QAL group. Not sure what you've gotten me into! I was just going to make a quiet little quilt for my father in law with some cowboy fabrics. Then I saw your QAL and an opportunity to use my Go cutter and I think my husband freaked a bit when those cute fabrics for his dad started getting cut very small. We laid it out tonight together so tell me what you think! And do I just need to post a photo on the Flickr group of the finished quilt top by 11/28? I think I can make it! Thanks!