Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Snow Day!

Woke up this morning to some beautiful, fluffy snow. Just gorgeous. The temperature was mild, just around freezing, which made this snow sticky and perfect for snowmen (and snowball fights!).

Chores were abandoned and we got to work. We even had Christmas carols playing on our outdoor speakers! Couldn't have been more serene and perfect.



Over the course of a couple hours, we assembled a little snow family! We set them up facing our house so that we can see them perfectly while at the kitchen table. One snowperson to represent each of us :)


I think this was just about the perfect day. Time with the kids, the spirit of the season in our hearts, a little bit of time sewing this morning (finished off my DP top! Yay!) and some Christmas baking. Plans to snuggle up on the sofa to watch a Christmas movie tonight with a big bowl of popcorn. Life is good!

I hope all of my American friends are enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in October, but still a special weekend here as tomorrow is a big day for sports fans...it is Grey Cup Sunday, the Canadian Football League's equivalent to the Superbowl, and our hometown Winnipeg Blue Bombers are in the game. Go Blue Go! And pass the chips and dip ;)

15 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Go Blue Bombers! ;o) I think that pic of your family with your snow family is soo adorable that it should be your holiday card photo! Looks like you all have been having a great weekend!

Heather D. said...

Aww, the snow is lovely, the snowmen look so fun and the family togetherness is even better!

Sorry to say, but we're going for the Lions. ;-)

Cherie said...

It's been 70 degrees during the day here! I wish it were snowing! You have such a lovely family, and how nice that the snowmen look at you in your kitchen :)

Tawny said...

My kids were out making a snowman this morning as well. And the hubby was busy putting up the Christmas lights (finally!) We only had one snowman, but my son put the candycane lights around him to liven him up a bit hehehe

Your snowman family looks terrific!

corina said...

Great pictures! What a great family day. This morning I was throwing snowballs in the air and the "boys" were leaping up and eating them. I'd like to make a snowman but it wouldn't go over very well. There was one in the dog park last winter and they were TERRIFIED of it, avoiding the area for weeks!

Katie B said...

Oh my gosh! Look at your snow family! That sounds like a great day. It's been in the 70s here too. Can't complain, but it's not very festive!

Kristy said...

What fun!!! I must admit I'm a bit jealous!!! Been back in T-shirts around her the past couple of days. I'm ready for some SNOW!!! Glad you all had a chance to enjoy it and love your snowman family too!

Stephanie said...

I am so excited for the game on Sunday :) Hope they bring it home!!!

Poppyprint said...

AND the Grey Cup is here, in Vancouver. I was at the parade this a.m. and guess who I got a pic with? Yup, Fin himself. Cory Monteith was the honorary Grand Marshall (and for some weird reason, so was Gene Simmons!?!?!). Poured rain. GO LIONS!!!

Those are such lovely pics. The one with your 3 kids all working on their snowpeople would make such an adorable Christmas card. I love it that they aren't looking at the camera, but very busy with their work.

Little Island Quilting said...

Noooooooo, snow already!
Oh, a d Zi don't understand a word of Poppyprint's first para!

Little Blue Mouse said...

What fabulous photos, and it looked like you had a great time.

Erica C said...

Reading your post made me happy. I love it when families spend quality time together.

Shay said...

I wanna make a snowman. Any chance of you sending me some snow ?

It looks like you guys had the best day!

Ginette said...

Sounds like the perfect day!!! I love that picture of your family!
Our snow melted... only lasted a day and a half. :( My girls can't wait to get out there and make more snowmen!

Lynne said...

What fun! And what a great way to get into the Christmas spirit! (Bit hard here when the average temperature is between 30*C and 35*C!)