Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm in! Quilt-as-you-go at ala mode

Do you have a bin that looks like this?

Healther at ala mode started a quilt-along (#2) for these cute quilt-as-you-go squares. I thought this would be the perfect way to use some Japanese fairytale prints I have, along with all those scraps accumulating in my scrap bin! I am going to make a quilt for my kids, to snuggle with in the basement when they watch tv. Planning this for a Christmas surprise, so lots of time. It looks like a fun project to do in bit in pieces....just up my alley at the moment, as I have a few quilts on the go and it is nice to have those "instant gratification" go-to projects! I'll show you my progress as I get started....hopefully soon!

2 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

How fun! I am about to start my first quilt and am so excited! I can't wait to see how yours turns out:)

Cecily said...

Yes, I have several bins that look like that! Can't wait to see what you come up with!