Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Tweet" reversible bib

Whipped up this little number for a friend who had a baby girl in the spring....will be seeing him this weekend at our reunion so thought I would make something special for his wee one. On this side I used a linen-look cotton blend as a base, and appliqued on a sweet birdy, using Heat and Bond and some hand stitching with my Perle 8 thread (I think I am hooked on hand stitching!). On the reverse, I used that cute bird fabric that I picked up at the local Fabricland for under $4/yard. Then I monogrammed on her initial with a little Hunky Dory. A little snap closure, and away we go! A nice, quick project.

Linking up to Quilt Story Fabric Tuesday.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful work! I'm sure they'll love the cute bird design :)

Linda said...

Love the design of the bib. Not too sure about the button-eye though. Taking into account my little lady: she would nibble away on it. Maybe some additional hand-stitching?

Heather said...

very nice … love it … thanks for sharing :)

Kristie said...

Thanks guys!

I had thought about the button....I know, not considered baby safe, but I reinforced it extra well! May do a french knot next time.

Diane Bohn said...

That is really cute! I love the detail, and especially the bird. It looks really classy! :)
Thanks for linking up at Quilt Story! :)
Following along!
Have a great day!

SewSara said...

oh my .... that little birdie applique is so cute.
there is some cute new birdie fabric at joann's and there's one w/ bird cages and one w/ windows ... have you seen it? (i work there -hehe)
it's so cute :)

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

This is adorable! I love that you made each side different.

Kelli said...

This is stinkin cute!
I have some of that fabric too! The were selling it at Spotlight which I think is kinda like Joanns in the States from what I can tell?
Glad you are hooked on hand stitching! how much softer do things turn out! Its amazing huh!?!

Bec said...

I love it!! So so cute! I just found your blog through 'stolen moments'.... I Love it!! xx i need to make a few more little projects.. i get stuck making too many quilts!

malia said...

sweet tweet! love this. thanks for linking up to a crafty soiree last week... hope you join us again tomorrow xoxo

Jenn said...

What a darling bib! Love it!!!

Quiltstory said...

ummm...super darling. Love everything you make!

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing your darling bib at A Crafty Soiree! I love how the double sides are coordinating and I agree handstitching is really delightful. I hope you'll come back next week and link up again!